GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Costs

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
I was wondering what everyone is now paying to fill their car from empty.
Our Lancer is normally around $30 - $34 when empty, over easter with fuel up to $1.30 plus it took $50 to fill. Some jump. And that's on regular 91.

:thumbdown:

einfahrt

Passed Driver's Ed
I pay about $35 from 1/4 of a tank. But the prices are going to go up again soon.:eek:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
damm only 1.30l that is cheap, in my pulsar i get about 500km from about 42-47L of fuel today cost me $56 for 41L of fuel 98ron vortex 98 135.9pl i think it was which was on the cheaper side a few weeks ago i was paying nearly $1.50pl, my gf in her golf gti mkv dsg gets about 700k per tank and about 60-80 to fill it up also runs on vortex 98 fuel.

SSS_Hoon

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
Your right einfahrt, prices are due to rise again soon. Today on the news they are predicting $1.40 a litre for 91 is just around the corner. Where will it stop, $2 a litre?
Of course 98 premium is always 5 to 10 cents a litre more.
At least the golf will get better economy than our Lancer, it's not a big drinker by any stretch, but it aint a miser either. Considering it's performance or lack of, I'll be happy to pay more for 98 when the GTI get here.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
its more like 10-12c a l more.

and then add another 7 cents a l for the shell 100 which was using for awhile.

SSS_Hoon

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
I used Optimax in some of my race bikes some years ago, I didn't like it very much. Especially in 2 strokes, I siezed a piston once on the stuff, needless to say I soon changed fuel.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Just filled up today and forgot what Optimax was selling for but it was in the $1.30's, I filled up 48litres and it was $68.00 so you can do the math hehe.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
My GTI usually costs $65-75 to fill up, with Vortex98 (and fuel docket)

That rep from the Service Station group reckons fuel is going to go up by 10cents in the next week or 2, and it'll likely be $2 by the end of the year... Glad I'm leasing my MkV GTI...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...crude-hits-us70/2006/04/18/1145126105719.html

That NSW Police commisioner Ken Moroney was on the news today saying he wanted to introduce speed limiters for all cars at 120km/h... What a wanker... More bad news for motorists...

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Speed limited cars sounds stupid, there is said to be technology that already allow cars to drive themselves yet no one does it because it takes out the whole point of driving. If they wanted us to be completely safe then let cars drive themselves which would mean they will never exceed the limit and no accidents will ever occur (unless theres a malfunction). Then everyone may as well just buy the same model/style car which will mean the end for the car industry.

$2/litre is gonna mean alot of ppl will be catching the trains, I should start finding a job in the city so I dont have to drive everyday :(

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
I paid $130.9 for BP Ultimate last night in Brisbane.

700km from a tank in the DSG GTI sounds pretty good, I only got mine last Thursday but the first tank I got 540km (I filled up before it was empty but that is based on the MFD giving me the km to empty).

I guess it depends on how you drive and hopefully fuel economy will get better when it is run in too.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
my fuel economy has improved, mine is a 6sp though but I can never get anything close to 700km to a tank!

It used to go to 450km with about 20-30km left according to the computer, but my last tank lasted me till 500km with about 50km left on the computer. I'll see how this tank lasts me, I doubt I could ever reach 600km though.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
My 1.8T GTI regularly makes it 650kms... I'm sure the new 2.0T will do that and then some... Most of my commute is at 80-100km/h tho. No stop-start stuff like you might get in Sydney...

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
I tend to pay around $60 at the pumps and thus far mileage has been 650 kms.

I refuel once every 2 - 3 weeks because I tend to walk to uni and only use the GTI when I need to go out.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
we always get at least 600k the alst 150 goes fast though.

today vortex 98 154.9cents per litre.

im seriously thinking about selling my pulsar and buying a charade or a swift or a getz something cheap to run.

SSS_Hoon

1kGolf

Ready to race!
If u get a swift or sumthing why not wait for the twin chager golf?
its 1.3 litres but with super and turbo charge, it can make around 160ps!
and freakin fuel prices keep rising in the last 4 days...:mad: