GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FSI: carbonio or bsh cai

phillip1978

Ready to race!
looking to get a cai for my mkv gti fsi.
It came with a APR stage 1 tune.
Looking to add the APR rsc turbo back, a cai and the APR stage 2 tune.

I know the APR programe has been tuned with the carbonio in mind however from the reviews of the bsh cai i am swinging towards that.

has anyone out there have this setup?

what do you all think or recomend

regards
phillip

Last edited:

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
lol you can use whatever intake you want, they both sound good and add the same amount of power gains...you should get forge twintake lol, but in my eyes not worth the price for the value...I run carbonio now, switched from nuespeed p-flo and im very pleased

phillip1978

Ready to race!
Cool :)
So ya mentioned the BSH DV relo kit,,whats the benefit with it, got a G series VW DV on the car allready, but if this kit does the job will look into it.

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Even though the OEM DV you have is fine, the BSH DV Relo kit however does much more than just replace the OEM DV. It changes the way the entire intake system works providing a more direct route for airflow when not in boost offering improved throttle response. There are many posts here and on the Vortex about it.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
x2 on IIIHobbs post.

I have the BSH tru-seal and DV relocation kit on APR stg2+ and it works great.

Ive had the eurosport, carbino, and a AFE filter in the stock airbox and the BSH is the only intake that I felt a improvement in response and power.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

vnkn23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
actually i have drove my friend's car, which is fully APRed, everything APR, even intake, and its a torquie little thing, at low speeds just step on it and it flys, but at about 150 and above, the feeling of acceleration diminishes, so you have to understand, if you go for the carbonio, you get very good low end, if you go for BSH or like me the Neuspeed, you get very good top end, but you get lousy low end. Your choice i guess, depends if you like to play at the lights or the freeway...

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
if you go for BSH or like me the Neuspeed, you get very good top end, but you get lousy low end.

I don't think that this is accurate. BSH Intake and DV Relo kit design specifically allows improved flow of cooler air preboost. I find it very good over the complete powerband.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
the only intake you could even possibly NOTICE gains from is the twintake.

With that said, I love my carbonio and my full apr set up. solid as a rock, and a beast in all situations. makes some great noises as well whether its at WOT or just cruising around town :thumbsup:

also, a revised APR FSI Carbonio is in the works, so maybe you want to hold out for that? it's a similar set-up to the TSI Carbonio.

phillip1978

Ready to race!
AAAAAHHHH DAA***NNN it
Well i placed the order for the BSH cai, going by the BSH speedshop website thought all was good
as seen in link:

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/bsh-fsi-true-seal-air-intake-system.html

no mention of engine number

i found at DBC the same item for cheaper so i bought it

http://www.dbcperformance.com/BSH_True_Seal_Air_Intake_System_FSI_BPY_p/bsh-fsi-tsi.htm

then i noticed it was for BPY

am i stuffed i tried to see if there is any difference in MAF or MAF HOUSING between the 2 engine codes but have come up with nothing so far

Any one out there with a BWA engine running a BSH intake?

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
the only intake you could even possibly NOTICE gains from is the twintake.

With that said, I love my carbonio and my full apr set up. solid as a rock, and a beast in all situations. makes some great noises as well whether its at WOT or just cruising around town :thumbsup:

also, a revised APR FSI Carbonio is in the works, so maybe you want to hold out for that? it's a similar set-up to the TSI Carbonio.

What do you mean the twin take is the only intake you would notice gains from. Any after market intake your gonna notice gains from tremendously because the stock filter is so constricting thats why they make aftermarket intakes. And if that was the case why did you waist money on a carbonio?

OP I have the ABD stage 2 CAI in the mail right now on its way and should be here today or tomorrow so come thurseday or friday it should be in my car and ill be posting some comments so ill let you know how i like it.

phillip1978

Ready to race!
Well just had an email from the suppliers stating that they can not assure the fitment :(
oh well they where nice to cancel my order, so looks like its going to be the Carbonio intake.

Be good to read your write up on the ABD cai 06MKVGTI