GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FSB Installed Yesterday

mocohead

Ready to race!
I took my car to Eurocode Tuning yesterday to install my Hotchkis FSB. The tech did a really good job and even got the alignment back spot on! They were on time and performed the work quickly. I am very pleased with their work!!

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Good for their work, but what about feel now? is it like a gokart?ha hah a I have a front sway I have been reluctant to throw on because of the subframe issues.... How much did they charge to throw it on?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
installing a sway bar should not effect the alignment. You can drive your car with no sway bars at all! That would not be too fun though.

mocohead

Ready to race!
Good for their work, but what about feel now? is it like a gokart?ha hah a I have a front sway I have been reluctant to throw on because of the subframe issues.... How much did they charge to throw it on?

It was $120 in labor and took about an hour and a half. The car feels great!! It turns in sharply and feels like it understeers less than before. I am overall very pleased!

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. I just made a buddy (old tymer) than loves VWs especially GTi.... Used to own one and lost it to the EVIL EX hahaha. He has a shop, today is a great day! ha ha So yeah I might just do it myself now.. swwweeeettt

Oh I found a sweet write up in the DIY section....

mocohead

Ready to race!
installing a sway bar should not effect the alignment. You can drive your car with no sway bars at all! That would not be too fun though.

Because you need to drop the subframe there is a chance of messing-up the camber. My shop took the entire subframe out of the car, so he removed the three bolts at the bottom of the control arm. Now...he did mark where they went but that could have messed with my camber. It was better to double check! And since my alignment shop, one of the absolute best places to get a race alignment in So Cal, was a few blocks away, I figured why not.

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
another input...it turns out that one of my subframe bolts was cross threaded when installed by the factory so it was a b!tch to get out and ended up taking my guy all day to do. I'm really glad I did not attempt the DIY on the FSB....but as always YMMV.

mocohead

Ready to race!
another input...it turns out that one of my subframe bolts was cross threaded when installed by the factory so it was a b!tch to get out and ended up taking my guy all day to do. I'm really glad I did not attempt the DIY on the FSB....but as always YMMV.

Kevin,

Sorry to read about that experience! Are you happy with the end result?