GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Patec Holeshot Coilovers

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
So on highest settings they click? they busted?

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So on highest settings they click? they busted?

Not busted. Its called coil bind. There are a GOOD amount of coilovers that do that a certain ride heights NOT all ride heights. Ones I know off-had that this occured are k-sports, bilstein pss9(Dan GSR confirmed so you know its real:biggrin:), Megan, and KW. There are probably more but these are the coilovers I seen it in. Its basically when at a certain ride height the spring hits itself because it fully compressed. I mean the pss9's are $1500 coils but at a certain ride height they coil bind. For all I know my Koni's will possibly do it but I haven't adjusted the height yet on them.

On the Patecs it occured when I was maybe .5" from the highest setting. I am willing to bet at the absolute highest setting you should be fine.

Unlike other sellers I am straight forward and just trying to kick some knowledge. I am not a guru but these things I have seen on MKV's.:thumbsup:

Solution: if it coil binds at a certain height just raise it a few mm or lower it a few mm. Another solution I read up on is to be some rubber isolator for the spring spring rubber wont make noise.