GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 42 Draft Design OEM MAF adapter & supporting DIY intake parts for FSI

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
Sold!

42 Draft Design OEM MAF adapter and supporting DIY intake parts for FSI engine. Great for creating your own custom intake or making your current intake achieve OEM like fuel trims. I've read this is very popular for helping with fuel trims on the FSI K04. I ran it for a little while but was having fuel trim issues due to something else...

The adapter itself runs $150, The OEM Turbo Inlet Pipe is $78 on ECS Tuning, The 7" x 2.75" silicon adapter hose was around $10 online. $238 worth of parts for $75 shipped with tracking.

Last edited:

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I've been looking for something like this ever since I got my car. I'm currently using the AutoTech intake, but I'd like to retrieve my OEM fuel trims.

Do you know if the adapter itself is an identical match internally to the OEM one?

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I'm feeling trigger happy to take this, but I 'm also wondering what other intake section I can use to complete this. It seems harsh for me to hack sections of my AutoTech intake to fit the silicone coupling.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
kinda want this because my forge twintake part where it looks like what u took pictures of has the dv relocation part and forge didnt reply to my email...

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
Bump for price drop!

I'm feeling trigger happy to take this, but I 'm also wondering what other intake section I can use to complete this. It seems harsh for me to hack sections of my AutoTech intake to fit the silicone coupling.

I had a slightly damaged Neuspeed intake I purchased for $100 on eBay I cut up and used for a little while. I had plans to build a full cold air intake and call it my "Frankintake.'
:biggrin:

Last edited:

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
My inbox is empty. Do you have a recommended intake pipe that I can use with this adapter?

Sorry about the PM snafu. I just shot ya a follow up one.
Any intake that uses a 2.75" diameter piping will work. If you go with anything larger than that you'll need to pick up a different size silicone adapter from ebay to step it up or down. Something that would convert the 2.75 on the MAF adapter up to whatever size intake you'd want to cut up or adapt. I purchased a used Neuspeed P-Flow intake off ebay that was on a wrecked GTI and cut it up. Unfortunately some of those parts got tossed (or lost) or I'd include them. I did find some more silicone pieces and hose clamps just now while looking that'll I'll include.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I forgot to say "Thanks" for the intake adapter. I have it safe here with me in Jamaica. You are indeed a legit seller. I'll install it next weekend when I decide which intake I want to attach to the adapter. I just don't want to hack my Autotech intake, but I suspect I might end up doing that.