GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

French Gti searching for front Bumper Infos ^^

plex

Hello Community :)

I'm french and actually searching for informations about Us front bumper on Gti for my white Edition 30. On this board, I was falling in love with this one with orange night-light. In Europe, we don't have this option and I'd like to mode my fast :wub:

My front Gti

Researched mode ^^

Is there anyone who can help me.
Can anyone tell me the VW part number for the bumper and the lights please ?

Have a nice day :)
Plexou from France ^^:thumbsup:

slanky

Ready to race!
wow, here in the US, everyone gets all hot about removing the "night light" with either a color matched marker or by "shaving" it off.

I'm sure someone would love to trade, but shipping bumpers back and forth to France may get spendy...

Wally

Ready to race!
It's common for Euro guys to pay for the stuff we pay to get rid of.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
lol... I paid a grand to have my bumper shaved to get rid of bump strips and side markers! I later found out that I should have just sold my bumper and ordered a EU version and it would have been more cost effective.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
IMO they have no practical use either. MKIV's had them because there was none on the side of the car so it made sense. MKV's have them mounted on the mirrors and are visible from the sides so there is no point having extra markers on the front bumper. Actually, mirror markers are even better because they stick out too. But, if you like them what can we say. I would have so removed them if I lived in US. Put a marker on the roof, that way birds won't poop on it.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
I understand that want to look different. On my old mk2 I shaved the oem markers off and relocated a different shaped clear marker above the arch to the right. IIRC it took me hundreds of $$ and hours upon hours to finish the job.