GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forza 4

Smooooth

Passed Driver's Ed
You mean car setup or just getting going?

Win your first several races with a shitty car. You start leveling up faster if you turn off assists like steering, race lines, traction control, etc. The only assists I use are automatic shifting and ABS because my wheel lacks shifters (and I've always sucked at video game shifting anyway).

When you level up you earn faster cars very, very quickly. The MKVI GTi is actually a really nice C level car believe it or not with a few mods. It's cheap (should only take an hour or two to earn the money). Once you get it I'd stay away from power and upgrade the brakes and suspension first. The "Street" tire upgrade is the best bang for the buck as far as tires go, slicks put your car in a much faster tier very quickly. The rear sway bar is helpful because tightening it helps dial in a little lift oversteer to counteract FWD torque. When my back end breaks loose I just power on to correct the slide.

From there stick with the GTi throughout all of the C class races if you're a VW fan. The game also rewards you for keeping with the same brand. The more you win, the higher your loyalty bonus which makes upgrades cheaper and eventually just gives you a ton of bonus credits. After just a few races my VW mods are now half price and I get something like $75k extra per race just for driving a VW. When I want to upgrade the car to start attacking the B class races my engine upgrades will be cheap.

After just a couple of days I've got a ton of cash laying around but I still haven't even beaten all of the C class events. I've been gifted Corvettes, a 370z, an old Datsun, a GTR, and a bunch of muscle cars I wanted to buy anyway just as prizes for leveling up. Really the game just throws money and cars at you after just a couple of hours so race away! If you played the old Gran Turismo games and were annoyed at how many hours it took to finally buy your first decent car then you'll find this game progresses much quicker.

The Top Gear challenges are the hardest for me, I'm terrible at just trying to plow through the pins. Hint: you aren't timed so it's better to line up an attack angle and just powerslide through them.

The autocross events can be challenging at first but on normal difficulty it's much better to run smooth and not try to power your way through the course. By dialing in more oversteer with my rear sway bars I have enough of a challenge keeping a precise racing line as it.

Got my seat set up. Calibrated shifter but stuck in first when racing. Any ideas?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I don't have a shifter. Unplug and relpug? Are you sure it's compatible with the Xbox?

Smooooth

Passed Driver's Ed
The Bluetooth headset is terrific. The first time I was able to get up go to the fridge without having to carry my controller to keep talking made me a believer. It's a little heavier than I'd like and it takes about an hour to forget it's there.

I've spent the last hour learning the Nurburgring with that Ferrari and I'm starting to learn it better. Still braking too much on some corners and not enough on others. Up next: dialing in some extra front downforce and reducing the rear. I think it needs to be a bit more nose heavy at speed to remain stable.

That is a tough track. So long-lots of turns and really high speed sections.

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
this is the only game i play on my xbox lol GT=Freeddddd

joel0924

Ready to race!
I haven't been in the forum in a while! I got Forza about 3 months ago, maybe less. This is my mk6 in the game. Sorry for the shitty picture.
It's CW, I had a custom made carbon fiber hood on it, took me like 2 hours doing it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326781801.753721.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326781801.753721.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 172

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I simply don't have the patience to work with the car painter. I use the dash view anyway, props to you guys who take the time detailing your cars.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I haven't played in a few days but my track built 360 Modena is coming along nicely.

Tires and suspension > power