GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV Spacer INSTRUCTIONS

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys! My local mechanic tried installing my spacer but failed, he complained about there not being any instructions or manual. Anyone can link a manual or the instructions? I can't find it! :/

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
They are the simplest device I think its strange a professional mechanic could not figure it out. It goes between the DV and turbo, you use the longer bolts it came with. It can only go in one way.

As a bit of hopefully helpful advice, take this as a sign that its not meant to be and don't install it. If you are running a stock tune you may be ok, but if you are tuned you will likely have problems.

larcic

Ready to race!
same instructions are removing/installing the dv. probably the simplest mod you can do. you need the longer bolts that come with the spacer. its a stupid mod anyway and the ecu may not like it. but I would still stay away from that guy for mods if he doesnt even know how to install that..

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
They are the simplest device I think its strange a professional mechanic could not figure it out. It goes between the DV and turbo, you use the longer bolts it came with. It can only go in one way.

As a bit of hopefully helpful advice, take this as a sign that its not meant to be and don't install it. If you are running a stock tune you may be ok, but if you are tuned you will likely have problems.
Thanks man! So u say I shouldn't install it? What do I do with it then? Bought it from ebay...

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
same instructions are removing/installing the dv. probably the simplest mod you can do. you need the longer bolts that come with the spacer. its a stupid mod anyway and the ecu may not like it. but I would still stay away from that guy for mods if he doesnt even know how to install that..
Damn... So I shouldn't install it? What should I do with it?

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I've been running a DV spacer on my car for months now, and I have a stage 1 tune. No problems, no check engine light, car drives great. Just install it and don't worry about it.

larcic

Ready to race!
in most cases people run it with no problems. but its only for sound and doesnt sound that great to me. The reason it causes some people problems is because oil leaks out of it and gets stuff dirty which is normal. and that our cars are maf based so any air leaving after the maf can confuse the ecu. thats why people dont like to switch to BOV until they have a map tune. you will more than likely have no problems running it. still a pointless mod IMO