GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge BOV/Resonator Install prices?

GTI689

Oval Champion
Just recived my bov from Forge and was wondering how much you guys think it would cost to install. Just want to get a ruff estimate so i make sure im not getting ripped. Id do it my self but im bound to mess things up. Also how much to remove the resonator i herd somthing like $30? Thanx
-Amier

Supratgti

GTI Sold
the forge spacer is cake work.. just hard to get your hands in there... all you need to do is undo 3 bolts and take it off...add the spacer and put the 3 new bolts back on and your done. Just need the tools called for on the instructions.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
wow only $30.... from where a chain like minikin or whatever???? i Spoke to a VERY VERY good place by me to do mine... i was quoted around $100. I think that is reasonable considering they know what they are doing, and do nothing but superior work.

Temper

Touch my monkey..
Local dealer hourly rates in the shop can range from 55 to 60 $USD an hour. I'm sure you could find a garage to install this for under 100- 75 $USD . What's this guys, like a 45min. job to install max?

Seeing that we just bought a new GTI and are looking to make some changes to it, I'd think a local custom shop could cut you a deal. Looking to have you return for some more mods...

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
My Audi shop would probably charge a 1/2 hour labor = $50

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
feuerdog said:
My Audi shop would probably charge a 1/2 hour labor = $50

I would also guess about $50 for the Diverter valve spacer install. 20-30 minute install, at about $90-100 an hour. It's really not a difficult install to do on your own. I had no experience pretty much, and it took me like 30-40 minutes with breaks.

GTI689

Oval Champion
Removing the resonator does that cause replacing it with pipes i just called in and the guy told me about $100-120 with piping isnt that a little too much?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
RJS5689 said:
wow only $30.... from where a chain like minikin or whatever???? i Spoke to a VERY VERY good place by me to do mine... i was quoted around $100. I think that is reasonable considering they know what they are doing, and do nothing but superior work.

You told me they quoted you $500 for the resenator removal? Or did you take my advice and is this quote from a different shop?

GTI689

Oval Champion
Just got the bov installed for 35$

GTI689

Oval Champion
sounds good but somtime si wish it was a little louder i stil need to find a place to remove the resonator do they replace it with pipes?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yes they should replace it with 2.5" SS pipe.