GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those with the xola3que bbk

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
You'd have to watch the forums for people parting out. He was making these brackets and the rotor hats about 4 years ago, in a couple group buys. He did one final batch back in mid-2011 I think, and then he was done with it.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Finally got them done this morning

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good! Glad you managed to make it work

eod69usn

Ready to race!
thanks man...didnt end up doing the e brake cable because of socal euro but it didnt seem like anything would fit anyways...any chance you have a pic of the routing for the cable?

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI

Yeah, just an old reference pic I found back when I did this.

Note: the pic is what it should look like after you do the 3 steps below...
(see green numbers in pic)

1) Swap the arms behind the #1 to the opposite caliper
2) Remove that bolt on pulley piece at #2 (not pictured), and bore out the bolt hole a couple mm's in order to be able to fit the first part of your e-brake cable through it. *careful you don't make the hole too big*
3) Enlarge the inner side of the cable hook at #3, on the arm's you swapped in step one. The GTI brake cable must have been thicker than the Vipers, because it doesn't fit as is.

(For step 3, some people had opted to shave the cable down at the ball tip. They found it easier than drilling out the inside of the cable hook I guess. That just seemed like a bad idea to me.)

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Ok thanks.... I think this has already been done to my calipers because I got them used from somebody that had them installed. It just seems like the e brake cables and the way the calipers are setup are perpendicular to each other if that makes sense... I'll try to get pics tomorrow to show what I'm trying to articulate

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Is anybody running the a3/s3 master cylinder? The pedal travel is a little too much for my liking

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
Did anybody do something with the vagcom like an abs calibration or adaptation after installing these? Or do you just install them bleed them and thats it? I installed a set of galfer 4 piston for the 312 original discs and the pedal could only be pressed like 0.5cm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

eod69usn

Ready to race!
i did not calibrate the abs module, i just used a power bleeder and did a normal brake bleed. I think you only need to re-calibrate the abs module when you change the master cylinder or a large amount of brake fluid leaks out when your changing the lines out

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
How is your pedal travel? I think that by re adapting the abs somehow learns that you have more room for the oil in the pistons or something like that. The travel on mine was just half centimeter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

eod69usn

Ready to race!
My pedal travel now is lower than with stock brakes for sure... Idk if re calibrating the abs module will help but I'll try it