GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell install?

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
How do I know if I have footwell in my Golf V TSI ? Or how can I install it if I dont have the bulbs under?

vagike

Dont all Mk5's come with the footwell lights. I also have a TSI, it has footwell lights. Anyways, if your still not sure, they are located under your dash driver/passenger footwell. They turn on when your doors are open.

.... and can be controlled in the MFD

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
Dont all Mk5's come with the footwell lights. I also have a TSI, it has footwell lights. Anyways, if your still not sure, they are located under your dash driver/passenger footwell. They turn on when your doors are open.

maybe they aren't standard overseas?:iono:

OP is from Sweden.

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you everyone, I dont have The footwell in MFD, But Im gonnan see if I have the lights under. I have a TSI Trendline so I dont know. :)

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
95% sure you don't have them in a Trendline. I didn't have them an mine's a Sportline. I'm sure you would've already noticed them if you had them.

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah you right, I didnt have it but I can install it because it has ha plastic cover which I need to remove before I install the lamp, but I wonder if I remove the plastic cover do I need to do the wireing ? or is it done already ?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Yup, just replied too :)

Just to keep others in the loop who might want to do the install: If your car doesn't have FW lights from the factory it won't have the wiring either. I found it easier to pre-fabricate a wiring harness before going about the install. All the wiring that's needed is a common ground and a common power wire that needs to be run to the central convenience module. I suggest you wire the lights in parallel to each other, or otherwise if one burns out, the other will go out as well.

The only things that need to be removed from the car are the driver's side dash underside trim and depending on where you put the ground, the fuse box cover on the end of the dash. I wired my lights to a common ground found under the fuse box cover to keep things nice and clean. No point in running an individual ground for each light like the guide suggests.