GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS will be the new hot hatch?

James75

Go Kart Champion
In some ways I would be surprised if it is AWD - the engineering costs for example, the RS will be at the twilight of this gen Focus and it seems hard to imagine they'd go to all that effort and expense to engineer the car - the more the car can be constructed on a regular assembly line - the better. The RS will be a swan song for this Focus though.

That said, I find it hard to imagine that anyone would be able to successfully put that kind of power through the front wheels - whatever trick bits and bobs they add. Be interesting to see what actually happens, initial reports did suggest no AWD - but we can only wait and see.

James

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Agree - I'd even bet it'll get FWD.

But why manual only? Ford have used the Getrag 6DCT450:

http://www.getrag.com/de/products/powershift/powershift.html

It takes up to 450 Nm of torque which is sufficient for the RS.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Might be the cost of that Getrag DCT450.

Realistically, the RS will sell a lot less than the base model focus.

If they had to add machinery or w/e to put in another transmission, then they may just only offer the manual since the automatic in the focus now is a dry DCT. That being said... I have no idea what the capacity is of the manual transmission or if it is the same transmission as found in the ST and base model.

Running Man

Ready to race!
Focus RS is confirmed and coming to the states in AWD platform! Lol

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars

Lol won't happen no AWD the end.

Running Man

Ready to race!
I eat my hat :eek:

Pleased though its AWD, I like a lot.

Running Man

Ready to race!
The question is will I buy one, well my new R arrives next month but I will certainly take a look at the new RS in Geneva and might, just might get one in 2016. It has a lot to do though to equal or beat the R ;)