GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS will be the new hot hatch?

Running Man

Ready to race!
Gosh you guys are interesting :eek:

There is no way the European designed focus RS will be 4x4 it won't happen, the R&D team did not even touch it, too costly :)

Merry Christmas

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
CO2 emission restrictions will prevent both heavy 4WD and the old 2.5 5-cyl.

Running Man

Ready to race!
It's going to be the 2.3 engine, in two wheel drive with revo knuckle part two :)

Running Man

Ready to race!
I'm going to have a cup of tea, then 8-9 months from now say to you that i was right :) NO FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ;)

James75

Go Kart Champion
As mentioned it's going to be front wheel drive - no AWD and it will use the 2.3 engine, details already in most UK motoring mags.

Here in the UK - it's quite straightforward.

Ford offer a lot of power for not much money, and that's where Ford successfully pitch their cars. Building a 'hot hatch' is never about outright speed, it's about the market and the marketing.

And that's how it should, cars should be personal and offer something different. It will most likely be cheaper than a Golf R but it will also have a different appeal.

Some people get all het up about these things, the reality is, there is room for all sorts of cars.

James

Running Man

Ready to race!
I'm not an arsehole, I'm a human person :eek:

2WD FOCUS RS, I am looking forward to seeing it tbh :)

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I know a lot of arguing on this subject but I think it is great that car companies are making 300hp cars that get 30 mpg. Things have come a long way.
For me the ST would have been more of a contender had Ford offered it in a paddle shift auto. I know some said this was to keep posers from the ST. I know how to drive manual, but no longer want to do it all the time and have a wife who needs to be able to drive it. Ford needs to consider this as they might increase sales and take buyers from GTI. Ford's knuckle system was to help ST but from test drivers, Ford did not hit this mark. I hope for the RS they have improved as many will not put up with it as much.