GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First?

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Last week. I replaced all my rotors and pads. Textar rotors and hawk hps fyi. Anywho. I've done a few brake jobs on customers cars. Now when I go to do mine I had hand tightened the slide pin on to the caliper and brake carrier. All I hear is a snap. I check out the back side and found that the threads on the brake carrier had completely split open. Redgti and I clamped it closed and jb welded it back together for a temp fix. I Let it dry for a few hours before limping the car home for the weekend. This past Monday at work I replaced the carrier. Good as new.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

Sent from Racecar

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Ivan should know the answer to that then lol. But on a serious.note maybe you over tightened it and it broke.

Ivan hadnt seen that happen before. I didnt over tighten. I used a rachet to run it down. No even forcing it. Was about to tighten it then it broke.

Sent from Racecar

MDmkvug

breaking bad
Wow. I would only assume the part was defected and vw should cover it items like that shouldnt snap even from wear n tear but you and I know vw wouldnt cover that. Unless some previous accident happened or someone messed with it.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
Wow. I would only assume the part was defected and vw should cover it items like that shouldnt snap even from wear n tear but you and I know vw wouldnt cover that. Unless some previous accident happened or someone messed with it.

Yeah not worth fighting vw for that.

Sent from Racecar