GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Time Plasti Dippin'

zamboney

an hero
My grill was/is in bad condition. Today I decided to JB Weld the license plate holes, sand them down then plasti dip the grill. I also took off the little red strip, in 3 pieces, to make the plasti dip more clean, and decided to paint it chrome since it was broken. I figure I'll probably be getting a new grill at some point so in the meantime I might as well play around. Let me know what you think.

And another

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Vey nice couldnt even tell the holes were there

zamboney

an hero
Thanks, although it's shitty iPhone camera you can sort of see the edges need some lovin. Other than that though I'm soo impressed. I'm surprised it was me who did this.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
hoe did you fill in the holes again? that might be the solution i need for my spoiler holes

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Looks good. I just plasti dipped for the first time as well. Did my window trim. Followed video from dipyourcar.com, and came out pretty nice. Now, how do you touch up areas? Can you tape over plastidip?

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Its easy if you take yourtime and apply enough coats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
hoe did you fill in the holes again? that might be the solution i need for my spoiler holes

I used JB weld.

Its easy if you take yourtime and apply enough coats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think a big part of it is not holding the can TOO far away from the surface your painting. If it's too far, the plasti-dip particles dry a little before they hit the surface & you end up getting that "velvet" look. (I know from experience.... :bonk:)

Need to redo mine when I get a chance.

zamboney

an hero
Yeah I used JB Weld as well. After that set I sanded with 150 grit paper until pretty smooth and finished with 320 grit. All should be available at your local hardware store and all relatively cheap. Only took me maybe 3-4 hrs start to finish and most of the time was waiting for JB Weld to set and plasti dip to dry.

apollosfury

designeddwk
looks good. looks like pretty even coating