GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First model year

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
The question I get asked all the time: "do you really wanna buy a car that's in it's first year of introduction?"

Ah, I bought my '83 GTI it's first year and it's still here!

excal06

Autocross Champion
I'd still buy it even it it is the fisrt model. Can't beat the satisfaction of owning a "look, i've never seen one" car. Or maybe it's just me:thumbup:

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I was at the dealer today at lunch time and sat in the showroom GTI for about 1/2 hour.
Still wishing the 5-door was here!

Man I love those seats!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Dubdr said:
I always tell people that is have been in Europe for a couple of years so it isn't a first model year.
That's one of the ways I sold my wife on the car. "We can have a car that no one else really has right now around here, but has been out in Europe for a while."

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
I don't think it would ever really bother me. Thats what warrenties are for: fixing problems from the factory that occur when they should... not because of normal wear and tear.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
excal06 said:
The cloth or leather one?

Either (both)... those bolsters kick butt!

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
It is worth remembering the GTI has been out in europe for 1.25 years now and there has been a few things changed(fixed) on the early cars.
So basically most things are now sorted.
As for the 83 GTI if thats a mk2 alot of stuff was carried over from the Mk1 back then so most things were proven anyway.
I have an 83 Mk1 thats been totally reliable all its life.
I have had more squeeks and rattles and other bits and peaces problems (that i fixed myself) with the mk5 than i ever had with the mk1 lol.