GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Car Show - Super Lame

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
yeah i went to a car show, dropped $20 to enter, there was a bunch of classics and a bunch of imports.

but it was just fucking stupid. all sorts of ricers in every direction, hot ass sun, judging takes like 5 hours, the ken block subaru squad was their with a fake STI replica (fools the tards).

basically i looked at a bunch of fast car's i'd like to race, but can't and am stuck parked in a lot for a ton of time.

luckilly i could smoke spliffs in the edge of the parking lot, kind of kept me sane. ended up leaving early, but just in time to see some retarded girl almost crash a lotus driving into the show. look reallll cool doing it.

also got to watch the DSM cars rev up during the muffler wrap and get laughed at by the crowd. that was pretty funny.

anyway, my point, is fuck car shows, it's just a bunch of people showing off gay ass sub boxes, spoilers and engine bays. pretty stupid.

go to the drag strip, where you will see BETTER cars, and be able to race them in the process. not to mention it cost half the price.

cliff notes, drag strip 100x > car shows

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
yeah true. everyone with their gay as DSMs with ebay parts zip tied all over the place and subaru's with stock turbos and straight pipe exhausts.

i get sick of it fast.

unfortunately the VW community in VT is verrrry small. i've never heard of a vw meet taking place here.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
I'm the only VW Enthusiast where I live. We have a group that consists of our whole province (1,000,000 population) and the group is about 20 - 30 people. Pretty small, but we make it count whenever possible.

plac

GTI Master
why you think i never been to a car show in 35+ years..

now i might consider the pebble beach concourse and things like that.. i like older 30's = 50's classics, italian exotics... real mens cars.

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
yeah true. everyone with their gay as DSMs with ebay parts zip tied all over the place and subaru's with stock turbos and straight pipe exhausts.

i get sick of it fast.

unfortunately the VW community in VT is verrrry small. i've never heard of a vw meet taking place here.

Mose the only good car related stuff that happens in Vermont are the Jeep events. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Mose you should of come down to DTM in Milford, NH Saturday... BIG VW scene..... only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Burlington.... would have been worth so much more than that show...

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
You may not have any good car shows up in VT mose, but u sure as hell have ALOT of sweet back roads to run around on. I went to college up near burlington, tooled around the back roads all the time, too bad I had my honda back then n not my gti :mad: