GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First BSH products, my thoughts

nmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Me and a friend installed the BSH TSI Pendulum Mount and torque mount. We also installed the new south boost gauge with the BSH boost tap.

While the installation went pretty smoothly, the quality of the products was slightly less than expected.

Starting with the boost tap. The problems we had were with the plastic nipples and metal block offs. The plastic nipples seemed to be too big and the threads did not line up. We were able to fit it in but the plastic threads were destroyed. Hopefully I won't ever have to take it out. We ran into the same problem with the metal block offs. They were too big as well, as we were only able to get them 1/3 of the way in. I know that you don't want air escaping and it should be a tight fit. But for the price and reputation of BSH, I would expect better fitting hardware.

The pendulum mount and torque mount install was very easy. Our jack didn't go high enough to support the engine, so we just said f*** it and took out the oem mounts without supporting the engine. I DO NOT recommend this, but it did make the install very quick as we could move the engine around to get things to line up.

I can tell a very slight difference with the mount and insert. Shifts are a little smoother (6speed) and wheel hop has decreased. Maybe I would notice more if I was chipped or had a K04. Was it worth the money? We'll see

Not a huge deal, but I didn't get directions for any of the bsh products; I printed them off their website. Would I expect this from a one product fits all vendor? Yes. From a BSH, a very active and popular company on this forum? Probably not

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the products. Just thought I would share my experience.