GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got my coils on ...mostly

A few before shots (ignore the window paint lol, I'm loved.) I still need to put the sway bar mounts on, but I don't have that stupid little triple square bit for them, if there is some magic trick to this I'm missing please inform me. Any help would be appreciated.

Coils are SoloWerks S1's

Don't make fun of my nasty side markers lol also this picture isn't edited at all, the lighting on my paint looks so funny

After:

The rears have been on for a few days and I just got the fronts done today so hopefully they will drop down a little more after they settle because I'm on the last thread on all 4 with the helper springs still in the front. Once again if there is some trick to getting that sway bar mount off of the sway bar let me know, if not someone tell me what size triple square bit to order because none of the stores around here have them. Also if the fronts don't drop much the rears are definitely coming up a bit, I hate rake.

Last edited:

ghost_03

Ready to race!
Looks good.

I believe auto zone, advanced auto parts, and pep boys all stock triple squares, if you have any of those local. They'll be in a little "specialty tools" section, and come in a four pack for like $10-15. Or you can order them online. http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Triple_Square/ES9013/

I'm not sure if you're referring to the four bolts between the sway bar bracket and chassis or the end links, but I believe that set has both sizes in it anyway.

I've heard of people using torx bits successfully, but that leaves you with a pretty good chance of stripping them [which would be a giant PITA] and I would definitely recommend avoiding that approach.

G Mills

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a 6mm triple square.

Looks good.

Looks good.

I believe auto zone, advanced auto parts, and pep boys all stock triple squares, if you have any of those local. They'll be in a little "specialty tools" section, and come in a four pack for like $10-15. Or you can order them online. http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Triple_Square/ES9013/

I'm not sure if you're referring to the four bolts between the sway bar bracket and chassis or the end links, but I believe that set has both sizes in it anyway.

I've heard of people using torx bits successfully, but that leaves you with a pretty good chance of stripping them [which would be a giant PITA] and I would definitely recommend avoiding that approach.

Alright, I've been in and out of auto zone a million times this week and didnt even think to look anywhere but in the bits and yeah I've stripped my fair share of stuff in the past and in this parking lot I wouldnt even risk it without air tools.

Also thanks everyone, this is my first big thing I've done to this car I'm startinf to grow to it like i did my camaro

rabbit6409

GTI rollinn
Car(s)
07 Cw GTi
looks good man... what coils did you get?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Yea wat coils are those its a really good looking drop :thumbsup:

Coils are Solowerks S1's for everyone btw, I'll put it at the top too

They are Fk's off brand or something like that, Basically they are Fk streetlines with stiffer springs is what I've heard. They are having a sale right now for 499.99 with free shipping from most places. I got mine from ESE tuning I believe and they arrived in about 4-5 days, I ordered on a Sunday and they arrived on Friday.