GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got an .:R32

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Since I live in the Middle East, I was going to send my ECU and DSG to UM for tuning per recommendation from Zev. But due to time constraints and ease, I found a Unitronic tuner here. I got the ECU and DSG mod and found that it did make a difference. The car was more responsive and the shifting was a little bit smoother than before.

I believe that it made the car more fun to drive as I am a little quicker than other .:R32s that come up next to me at a light. :thumbsup:

My grandfather worked for the united nations and spent over a year in the middle east, so the area interests me so much. Where about's are you? I have seen many owners of r32's in the middle east are they common there? And thanks for your input on tuning.

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
My grandfather worked for the united nations and spent over a year in the middle east, so the area interests me so much. Where about's are you? I have seen many owners of r32's in the middle east are they common there? And thanks for your input on tuning.

That is pretty cool that your grandfather worked in the UN. I live in the United Arab Emirates. I love it here. Hot in the summer, which sucks. It is rather nice in the fall/winter time frame. But other than that it is a neat place to live.

There are a lot of .:R/.:R32 owners here in the UAE. The US has only imported .R32's in 2004 and 2008. Mine is a 2006 eurospec/GCC (Middle East)) and I love it. GCC spec just means it has a bigger radiator and other items to batter the heat in the region. The only thing is that it costs a ton to repair cars out here and taking your car to the dealership.......forget about it. Takes forever to get the car back.

No problem on the input. I hope that you further enjoy the new ride. Go ahead and get the UM tune. I am sure you will enjoy it.

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
looks mint! got mine used with a messued up bumper and had never gotten it replaced lol, enjoy your new toy!

ss09k

Little late to this thread, buuuttt I saw that exact car at Kuhn.
You must live close around these parts?

I got a DBP too real recently, I have another twin here in SWFL now.

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Little late to this thread, buuuttt I saw that exact car at Kuhn.
You must live close around these parts?

I got a DBP too real recently, I have another twin here in SWFL now.

Cool man. Nice to find someone in Florida! Yea I live in Sarasota so not exactly far from Tampa. I've had the car a week now and am loving it more and more each day! First thing I'm doing to the car is getting some tint on the windows. Then I am getting the United motorsports ecu and dsg tune.

ss09k

Cool man. Nice to find someone in Florida! Yea I live in Sarasota so not exactly far from Tampa. I've had the car a week now and am loving it more and more each day! First thing I'm doing to the car is getting some tint on the windows. Then I am getting the United motorsports ecu and dsg tune.

Nice, my gf's mom lives in sarasota and her dad lives in bradenton so I'm usually all around this area.

I've done exhaust and little cosmetic things around. Going to get Forge intake soon and a roof rack for my bikes (it's a necessity for me) then hopefully I'll have some dough for UM.

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Nice, my gf's mom lives in sarasota and her dad lives in bradenton so I'm usually all around this area.

I've done exhaust and little cosmetic things around. Going to get Forge intake soon and a roof rack for my bikes (it's a necessity for me) then hopefully I'll have some dough for UM.

There is a red mk6 with roof racks that is rolling around my area. Honestly they look really cool on golfs. What exhaust did you end up going with? I was dead set on an exhaust. But I don't want much more sound then the car already has. I'm sure I'll do an exhaust but want to hear some options in person. I'd love to see a few pics of your car and what small visual mods you have done!

RussellR32

Ready to race!
omg this was my car! lol
i traded the car with 48k miles so theres someone out there that put 12k on it.

Ha Awesome! You must be Gus? Yea it seems the car had two owners before me. I'm loving the car. What did you end up getting after it?

Aphron

CW :)!
CPO R32 for 18k?

Steal of the century. How many miles.

They have a local one with 100k, non CPO obviously, asking 18,900 lol.

Wow, I just got my Certified .:R from City VW, In San Diego! 19,000 even, 51k miles and 2 year warranty ( $50 buck copay ). NFCU hooked me up too, my first actual good car deal lol! The driver door rattled when down, just took door apart and screwed loose bolt, ripped of rear heatshield as it was vibrating, and good as new! Do find myself missing my GTI at times ( Manual vs Dsg ), but this is the best car I've had to date! Just takes some getting used to, feels WORLDS better in turns though stock!