GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fathers needed

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Looking back at the birth or first few months of your kids life. What is the one thing you didn't know when you had your first child that you wish you had?

Jaber

Modero
Wife is due Jan 10th. Finding out tonight if it's Baby Wolfgang or Baby Josefine

Congrats. Everyone kept saying boy for us, ended up with girl. Wife is happy, I'm happy as well. We didn't really have a preference.

It was mind blowing, watching the ultra sound when she was 20 weeks old. She was moving a lot, kicking, etc. Looked like she was double clutching at one point :lol: My wife was like "oh no... she's already practicing to drive!". But the ultrasounds also make me nervous, cause I can't wait to hear "Everything looks good!".

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
We had to wait a month to get the all clear. At 20 weeks the baby was breached and they couldn't see the arms or 4 chambers of the heart. Every thing turned out tho

How the hell babies can bend like that is crazy

Jaber

Modero
We had to wait a month to get the all clear. At 20 weeks the baby was breached and they couldn't see the arms or 4 chambers of the heart. Every thing turned out tho

How the hell babies can bend like that is crazy

Yeah, it's pretty mind blowing. [Insert Science Bitch Meme]

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
With my little girl turning 1 I shall share.

This year has been insane in so many ways but the one HUGE thing I wish I knew was more about allergies. They are amazingly more common now than they were years ago and I was one of those people who were like "WTF if you have a peanut allergy stay away from peanuts and don't be a baby" .. fast forward to having our first child...

She was allergic to milk, soy, peanuts, and egg (and probably other things too!). If you think about what you eat down to the tiniest of ingredients this pretty much sums up EVERYTHING. Wife was breastfeeding so anything she ate the baby got. Spent the first 4 months trying to figure out why our child was so unhappy, crying constantly, could not sit still EVER, impossible to get to sleep, screamed bloody murder instead of crying. Seriously never heard a "cry: until 5 months.. just death screams CONSTANTLY.. no silence... ever....

Finally got a blood test for allergies even though the doctor swore there was nothing wrong and allergies were impossible. Came back positive for all of the mentioned foods. Eliminated from Mom's diet and happy baby emerged. Simple as that but imagine spending 4 months not liking your baby AT ALL because all she did was scream and yell and scream and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING made her happy/quiet. Most stressful times ever, but now we are stronger people and more educated on the whole allergy thing.

I'm sure this story was too long and boring but it was life changing for my wife and I and as 2 scientists its insane how long it took us to figure it all out as it's all so tricky (milk protein stays in your system for >2 weeks!).

Good luck with your new addition, they are a wonderful thing :) Everyone has issues to deal with in the first year but you are so sleep deprived and trying to survive that you forget all of it within months time, I promise.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How hard it would really be. Then I could have prepared.. The first 6 months SUCK..

Then the later stage of learning... if i knew how expensive it would really end up being.. having 2... and how broke I am forever... well... nm.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
With my little girl turning 1 I shall share.

This year has been insane in so many ways but the one HUGE thing I wish I knew was more about allergies. They are amazingly more common now than they were years ago and I was one of those people who were like "WTF if you have a peanut allergy stay away from peanuts and don't be a baby" .. fast forward to having our first child...

She was allergic to milk, soy, peanuts, and egg (and probably other things too!). If you think about what you eat down to the tiniest of ingredients this pretty much sums up EVERYTHING. Wife was breastfeeding so anything she ate the baby got. Spent the first 4 months trying to figure out why our child was so unhappy, crying constantly, could not sit still EVER, impossible to get to sleep, screamed bloody murder instead of crying. Seriously never heard a "cry: until 5 months.. just death screams CONSTANTLY.. no silence... ever....

Finally got a blood test for allergies even though the doctor swore there was nothing wrong and allergies were impossible. Came back positive for all of the mentioned foods. Eliminated from Mom's diet and happy baby emerged. Simple as that but imagine spending 4 months not liking your baby AT ALL because all she did was scream and yell and scream and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING made her happy/quiet. Most stressful times ever, but now we are stronger people and more educated on the whole allergy thing.

I'm sure this story was too long and boring but it was life changing for my wife and I and as 2 scientists its insane how long it took us to figure it all out as it's all so tricky (milk protein stays in your system for >2 weeks!).

Good luck with your new addition, they are a wonderful thing :) Everyone has issues to deal with in the first year but you are so sleep deprived and trying to survive that you forget all of it within months time, I promise.

Thank you for taking the time to post that. I actually read an article this morning about this. Some Doctors think that the introduction of all the antibiotics in babies diets prohibit the growth of specific types of gut bacteria that prevent these allergies. In mice , they gave large doses of antibiotics and these allergies developed. After the gut bacteria was introduced, the allergies went away.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
more is worse.

have one, be done.

Love em to death, doe.

Jaber

Modero
:word:

My wife wants two. But I can see us taking more trips, spending time together and enjoying life better with one. And we also have a dog we love to death. So technically that's like two right? :iono:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
How hard it would really be. Then I could have prepared.. The first 6 months SUCK..

Then the later stage of learning... if i knew how expensive it would really end up being.. having 2... and how broke I am forever... well... nm.

indeed.. people who say "more is easier" are either fucking with you, or just stupid.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:word:

My wife wants two. But I can see us taking more trips, spending time together and enjoying life better with one. And we also have a dog we love to death. So technically that's like two right? :iono:

yep!

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
indeed.. people who say "more is easier" are either fucking with you, or just stupid.

they destroyed my finances forever. we are slowly depleting our savings, never saving a dollar month to month.

180=

there are times you enjoy your kids very much. taking them out places, showing them off, being proud of them. laughing with them. listening to their silly questions.

is the trade off worth it? That is for each individual person to decide.