GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F/S: 2009 VW GTI 2dr 6MT

SEStone

I recently purchased a 2015 GTI, so my beloved 2009 GTI is up for sale. I have owned the car for a little over three years, during which it has served me extremely well. This was my first GTI and will be far from my last. It is a superbly fun, practical, economical, and well built car for daily driving or enthusiast use.

2009 VW GTI for sale by sam stone, on Flickr

More Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/136454096@N02/albums/72157664847451659/with/25198772409/

Summary
  • 109k miles
  • 2009 model year, last of the Mk5s
  • 2dr hatchback
  • 2.0T 'TSI' Engine, same as the Mk6. This engine uses a timing chain, makes more power, and has none of the HPFP/Cam Follower issues the earlier FSI motors have
  • 6-speed manual transmission
  • 2 door + hatchback
  • Manual heated plaid cloth interior. Seats are very supportive and comfortable, and are equally great for performance use as they are keeping your ass and back comfortable over a 12hr road trip
  • Tilting and Sliding Sunroof
  • EVOMSit Stage 1+ Software and EVOMS V-Flow Intake. Rated at 270hp/280ft-lb, uses stock timing so works ok on 91 or 93oct fuel
  • Vogtland springs over stock dampers. 25mm lower than stock 2009 ride height. Bumpstops have been modified to suit, and ride quality is like stock
  • Aftermarket iPod/iPhone Aux input that charges the device
  • Factory Xenon headlights
  • Power heated mirrors, windows, locks

There are a number of subtle tweaks I've made to the car to improve function--things like enabling the remote window/sunroof features, and coding the headlights to European specs to utilize the halogen high beam 'flash to pass' lights in addition to the xenon headlights.

Condition
The car has a ton of freeway miles on it (through road trips, commuting, and moving from MN to AZ two years ago, I put 20k/yr on it a couple times), and the paint on the bumper and hood has some rock chips that reflect that. The front bumper and hood were repainted prior to my ownership as evidenced by some overspray on the hood latch. I have never found any underlying damage or evidence of repairs to the frame or even plastic trim pieces in the front of the car, so whatever happened was minor and was repaired well. Aside from that, the rest of the exterior paint and sheetmetal is in good condition for a seven year old car with >100k miles.

The interior is in great shape. There are a few spots of wear on the driver's side surfaces, but nothing is 'worn out' and all features work perfectly. There are some scuffs on the plastic trim on the back hatch area--with the rear seats folded down and parcel shelf removed, the car can haul a lot of stuff and I used it often that way, and some of it left some marks.

Service and Maintenance

This car has been enthusiast cared-for and well maintained. I have most of the service and repair records dating back to when the car was new. It is up to date on service and needs nothing beyond oil changes for the next 10k miles.

Recent Services and Other Repairs in My Ownership Include:
  • Tires M&B 108k (swapped new Pirelli tires over from Mk7 GTI)
  • Oil Change 107k
  • Replaced Front Brake Pads and Rotors 105k
  • Intake port carbon cleaning 102k
  • Replaced #3 Fuel Injector 96k
  • Replaced driver's door wiring harness 63k
  • Replaced spark plugs 57k
  • Replaced rear brake pads and rotors 55k
  • Installed lowering springs 52k
  • Installed tune and intake 52k
  • Replaced intake manifold under warranty (tumble flaps dead) ~50k

Oil changes have been done at between 5k-8k intervals, always using either Motul or Liqui Moly 5w40 synthetic oil and a Mann or OEM filter. I always let the car warm up before driving it hard.

Sold!. Car is located in Phoenix, AZ.

If interested, email me at sstone@evoms.com or text me at 612-916-2383.

Sam

Last edited: