GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust 02 Question

Bgatz

Ready to race!
Long story short is I think I fouled my rear 02 sensor or ruined it by being lazy and twisting it instead of unplugging it. Codes I'm throwing:
P0138
P0141
P0140

All exhaust related according to my APR Mobile
Im almost positive its my rear 02 sensor
Just confirming before I get parts

so when I purchase one any brand should be fine right ?

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Technically yes, you can use any o2 sensor, however the emissions systems on the MKV are fairly sensitive. I always use Bosch o2 sensors. I'm looking at the prices right now and the walker o2 sensor is half the price. Its up to you whether you want to save that $40 or not but you're looking at a 30 day warranty vs a limited lifetime warranty with Bosch. Its not that much of a pain to change the downstream one in case you had to warranty it, but its still a pain as you have experienced. Any decent mechanic would of course insist on the Bosch.

Bgatz

Ready to race!
So after installing the new one I had 5 codes relating to the sensor. So after did some research and investigating of my own I determined the one pre cat was bad. I have a cfba motor. 3 02 sensors

One on the turbo. One pre and post cat. I took both my sensors out. The one pre cat was wet. And that fouled it out So I compared both sensors and found that they are identical except the connectors. So I took the old one I pulled out the day before. Slightly modified the plug by shaving some plastic off and boom. All works. Drove 20 miles so far. No issues. The night prior I had codes within 5 miles.

Bgatz

Ready to race!
And to confirm the sensors are the same When I ordered my package from amazon it came with both connectors in the box. It came post cat ready but the other connector came in a little bag in the package. I just didn't see it because someone had opened it on me. You would just have to re wire the prongs into the other connector to run it pre cat. Or shave like I did.