GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro R32 Tails - Wiring Each Brake Light

grm77

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI DSG Autobahn
Just did this yesterday...Thanks for the great instructions. I only ran into one issue...when I was going the VAGCOM coding, the turn signals had a glow to them when the parking lights were on. Did a bit of forum searching, turns out that you need to turn down the percentage on BIT 13 to 0. I also wired up a rear fog while I was upside down under the steering wheel.

Again, thanks for the help!

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
^ Ah yes! They act like brake lights since the stock tails served as both brake lights and a turn signal. Have to disable that via VAG-COM. I had done that when I first installed the tails on the car so I didn't even think to post what to change. You're more than welcome to add that extra bit of coding into the thread. That way it's a complete package ;)

grm77

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI DSG Autobahn
Wish I took screen shots of the VAG COM coding....but I suck. I believe that it was BIT 13 like i mentioned above. I'll try and find the link I used to fix it and post it here.

Britishav8tor

Ready to race!

alanchicken

的士佬
hey guys, mine is the stock GTI tail lights. i would like to have only the outer half circle turning on when stepping on brakes.

outer circle: brake, on when switch on head light
inner circle: on when switch on head light (only)

how should i do it? any comments? thanks!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Whats up ppl

I have a small problem with my Led tails, when my parking lights are on they look like orange instead of red, also when i hit my turn signal they also look very muddy too.

I have NOT changed any coding on VagCom yet, what should i do??????

I want them to work like this

Red - Yellow - Red - Yellow