GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Estimated APR Stage 3 1/4 Mile ET

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
yeah i kinda knew some of that information 07mkvgti but what i dont understand is that how is APR going to be runing 350+whp with stock internals w/o blowing up engines. i think i read that our engines arent daily drivers if left w/ stock internals passed 340WHP and 388whp w/ stock internals is deffinitly not good for your engine

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
yeah i kinda knew some of that information 07mkvgti but what i dont understand is that how is APR going to be runing 350+whp with stock internals w/o blowing up engines. i think i read that our engines arent daily drivers if left w/ stock internals passed 340WHP and 388whp w/ stock internals is deffinitly not good for your engine

APR said it should last. they're running stock internals at the track and they run it hard. it holds quite well and they're running low boost. APR said the internals can handle it.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
nope thats stage 3+. i believe they said that'll be out early 08 so i'm sure we'll be putting down over 400hp with that kit.

Their stage 3+ is just software there is no hardware. You install your own rods and then get the software upgrade. I've heard no mention of APR ever considering to sell rods/pistons in any form but have read statements regarding the software.

JJ

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI

Trust me, APR have put the 2.0T through it's paces to find a safe limit. They are ALWAYS within safe limits, especially for a kit of this nature. Doesn't do them any good to give us a kit that blows our bottom end to bits does it? Not the best business model anyway... (and for the record it's really the torque numbers you want to worry about, not the hp... TQ bends rods)

JJ

ChongivityAct

Banned
yeah but when i saw the the apr car down here in Florida the guy told me the torque is around 288 which is not dangerous at all.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Their stage 3+ is just software there is no hardware. You install your own rods and then get the software upgrade. I've heard no mention of APR ever considering to sell rods/pistons in any form but have read statements regarding the software.

JJ

i spoke directly to APR and they told me that early next year, they will have a kit with upgraded internals.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Should be crazy keeping the Street tires on the front of the car when launching with that kind of HP even with an LSD.:eyebulge:

Gregg@AutoDrmz

Passed Driver's Ed
stage 3 is at 388whp on 109oct. stage 3+ will be over 400(like VF Engineering, but more power). i predict around $10,000 for the entire stage 3+

I promise you the VF RSR kit will put out a lot more power.

JJ

They will be selling "APR MotorSports" pistons and rods, as of now the price is listed as TBD on their wholesale price sheet.

it's really the torque numbers you want to worry about, not the hp... TQ bends rods)

JJ
Yes torque, bends or snaps rods. However, with an increase in hp over around 340whp, your cylinder pressure greatly increases, this will lead to the factory CAST pistons cracking.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
I promise you the VF RSR kit will put out a lot more power.

They will be selling "APR MotorSports" pistons and rods, as of now the price is listed as TBD on their wholesale price sheet.

Yes torque, bends or snaps rods. However, with an increase in hp over around 340whp, your cylinder pressure greatly increases, this will lead to the factory CAST pistons cracking.

but greg, if u read before and i've asked many people everywere, there saying apr is pushing around 340whp with no internals???????? how the hell can the engine handle it w/o blowing?

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
if they truely are planning on doing 340whp on pump and 390whp on race they will blow motors.

They recommend rods for the race program... and a company like APR would not release a production pump gas kit for stock internals to the masses with a specified hp without due diligence. (I'm sure VF has done their homework as well).

JJ