GOLFMKV

EQT tuning is Trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I'm on JB4 and have no skin in this game. I find your argument to be half justified and half disingenuous.
You "spent $1500", but $1075 of that was for a new Cobb AP with DSG unlock. You are obviously happy with that product that you bought from Ed as you reused it with another tuner.
Your bitch is with the $500. $500 is a lot of money to me, too, and you have every right to be upset with the service on the $500 you "spent".
Ed refunded the $500. You are keeping the AP which is $1075. Other than the shipping, you have been made whole.
You have been publicly apologized to multiple times.
What else do you want from Ed?
Why do you continue to trash his reputation here if you have been made whole?
Are you looking for compensation for your time?
Why do people want answers to nonsense I never asked or requested.

I didn't ask for anything.

Ed wanted to try to save Company face.

I didn't accept.

What's the problem?

I exposed the issue and moved on.

What, you guys mad I didn't accept a redo?

So..

Lol stop with made up comments on what I did or said or how I reacted which is nonsense. You guys are mad I didn't care for EQT anymore. Get over it.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
He did bring up an issue. It was addressed, apologized for and option given to rectify it. roll credits.
He's likely still salty cuz his time was wasted. The refund does not cover time wasted, or stress incurred. Imagine if this happened to you. You pay someone who is supposed to be an expert to do a service for you. They do a bad job, and then tell you that your car is broken and you need to fix it. Now you have additional stress in your life that was not needed. You have to send aggravating emails back and forth.. You have to worry about what's wrong with your car. Then he has to go find another tuner. In all honesty he's probably owed a bit more than the price of the tune. Businesses should not be allowed to fuck up like this. Customer's pay for their time, they should pay if they waste the customer's time.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No - in my view they're actually pretty great. Had nothing but awesome experiences with them, but that's neither here nor there.
My experience with them was overall on the positive side. In independent tuners' defense: if car manufacturers manage to put out unsafe cars and have constant recalls (i wonder if OP knows his thermostat will take a shit eventually), tuners can sometimes afford to do the same.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No, people said Ed, I didn't know who that was until this Thread.

Like I said, you posted "EQT is trash" online before even attempting to contact the company, who provides a super easy way to contact them right on their website, if you'd bother to click "contact us", which wasn't hidden.

Jay should change your user name to GTI_Karen.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Like I said, you posted "EQT is trash" online before even attempting to contact the company, who provides a super easy way to contact them right on their website, if you'd bother to click "contact us", which wasn't hidden.

Jay should change your user name to GTI_Karen.
He should change it to gretafan2. ;)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Imagine if this happened to you....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes this is all true.
The PM situation is the confusion.
Yes he issued a refund for ECU tune only.

I did, but after I confronted him about being in the posts and not handling the situation is when he got upset and refunded me. PM was sent after comments made. When I logged on, it was responding to his comments from earlier and he sent the PM later, when I got to the PM I had already sent my Charged reply to his earliest comments. He got upset and refunded me the ECU tune to not deal with a Customer like me.

I didn't refuse. He didn't like my reply to his comments and refunded me. I'm would of been fine with either outcome.

The only thing I see is people expected me to be nice about the whole situation. I went all in on EQT tune, and after I fixed my WG issue I sent the logs in. it was over a month trying to figure why my car was laggy. So of course I would be upset not getting a quality tune and it's been over a month with no changes, except blame my set up. Because of the month long situation with Nick I was not as happy and tired I wanted my quality tune.

Ok, Karen. Do you want to speak to Ed's manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.