GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
currently running that one right now. just dont feel 100% comfortable running it daily in stop & go traffic given cobbs ots map reputation. considering going back to stock while waiting for eqt's tcu just for peace of mind.

What's the problem with Cobb's reputation on the DSG tunes. I know other companies make a better DSG tune but it's not like the Cobb DSG will hurt anything. I would certainly rather have it than stock.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
What's the problem with Cobb's reputation on the DSG tunes. I know other companies make a better DSG tune but it's not like the Cobb DSG will hurt anything. I would certainly rather have it than stock.
RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I loaded Sport when I was waiting for my file to be sent over. While it was an improvement over the factory, it wasn’t nearly as smooth as the EQT map is.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Ok so I spent some money and I’m wondering how much more I’m going to need to spend. I have a 2018 Golf R.

On the car now I have intake, intercooler and catless downpipe. Currently running eqt base file and Cobb sport dsg tune. I have purchased the following:

Precision Raceworks 450 with upgraded fuel line
CTS turbo 980cc mpi kit
Dbv2 v2 turbo with upgraded map sensor

So I know I’ll need a tune (duh). Do I need the torqbyte controller for my fuel pump? Can I install the fuel system before the tune and turbo? Trying to calculate time needed, it’s my only car and I can’t tie up a lift at my buddy’s shop more than a day.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
No need for controller unless you're going E85. I installed my FP and MPI before the tune. Just no big boost till you tune. When in doubt....ask ED/Patrick

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ed must have his head down...dude is crazy busy

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
No need for controller unless you're going E85. I installed my FP and MPI before the tune. Just no big boost till you tune. When in doubt....ask ED/Patrick
You can install it all and drive like a normal human being and be fine.

I’m going to tune for 93 and e85. Guess I’ll have to ask Ed if the controller will be necessary.