GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

_cruster

Ready to race!
Maybe a dumb question, but…I’ve got a 2016 Sportwagen with an IS20. Been running a JB4 but I want to switch to a “real” tune. On your site the year drop-down goes from 2015 to 2017, and the only trans options are manual and DSG (I’ve got the torque converter auto) - website quirks, or am I out of luck for EQT? Thanks in advance.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Maybe a dumb question, but…I’ve got a 2016 Sportwagen with an IS20. Been running a JB4 but I want to switch to a “real” tune. On your site the year drop-down goes from 2015 to 2017, and the only trans options are manual and DSG (I’ve got the torque converter auto) - website quirks, or am I out of luck for EQT? Thanks in advance.
We're still working on upgrade turbo tunes for 1.8T's. Need to finish up the stage 2 tunes first before going is20 and then is38 on the Dev car. I will caution that the slush box may not be able to handle much power.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Questions RE: Stage 2, post-Greenspeed update. At one point I had read about needing to unplug the post-cat O2 sensor to keep fuel trims in line, but now I can't find anything about it on the site. Is that no longer a thing?

e: Cat is a GESI unit, EPA certified so in theory it should be able to remain connected without issue BUT I don't know the details and am trying to learn more.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Questions RE: Stage 2, post-Greenspeed update. At one point I had read about needing to unplug the post-cat O2 sensor to keep fuel trims in line, but now I can't find anything about it on the site. Is that no longer a thing?

e: Cat is a GESI unit, EPA certified so in theory it should be able to remain connected without issue BUT I don't know the details and am trying to learn more.
which downpipe are you using? if your cat and secondary o2 aren't in the original positions near the turbo it's likely still going to give you problems with cobb.

the cobb fuel trim bug with stage 2 will never be fixed, they had to stop any mention of messing with o2 sensors.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
which downpipe are you using? if your cat and secondary o2 aren't in the original positions near the turbo it's likely still going to give you problems with cobb.

the cobb fuel trim bug with stage 2 will never be fixed, they had to stop any mention of messing with o2 sensors.
He's running one of Jake's downpipes.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

He's running one of Jake's downpipes.
Sorry, forgot to include that information. Yes, it's one of the Baun downpipes.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R

Going from memory but I think the secondary O2 only needed to be unplugged if one was experiencing codes related to the cat not working correctly.

I believe you should run with the both O2s plugged since you have a GESI EPA-compliant cat.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Going from memory but I think the secondary O2 only needed to be unplugged if one was experiencing codes related to the cat not working correctly.

I believe you should run with the both O2s plugged since you have a GESI EPA-compliant cat.
Alright, so based on that info, I should be able to have no CELs and have both o2 sensors plugged in on the latest EQT Stage 2 tune, if we assume all other equipment is operating correctly, right?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG

Post-greenspeed: If you have emissions compliant exhaust equipment, you can leave both o2 sensors connected. If you do not have emissions compliant exhaust equipment, unplug the downstream o2 sensor. It's not a bug but typical operation. downstream sensor aids upstream with cat protection. if the downstream says "too lean" then fuel is added to prevent cat from being damaged. Disconnecting the downstream will prevent this from happening, but will also give you a CEL on the dash.