GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC light came on.. Please advice

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
Today on my way home the EPC light came on, the MFD showed "ENGINE FAULT WORKSHOP" and the car got on the "safe" mode and it wouldn't rev over 3k rpm. Then scanned the car with the following results :

Does anyone know what kind of fault is it ? I know the program is crap but.., someone may know..

travishamockery

Ready to race!
I had this 2 weeks ago after I got flashed(APR). Went away after I shut down as well. Shop that flashed me scanned and no codes came up. Seemed like a random gremlin....

Mr. White

MESPELLENG WURDZ!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta
not to thread jack but what is the epc light? i see it all the time but never know what it is (i see it when i go to start the car)

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
Anyway the problem is solved...

Dealer replaced the Gas pedal under warranty, and everything is fine !

Mithotyn

O'doyle rules
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI 3dr 6MT
Subscribed.

I got this once when I first started my car. I shut the engine down and started it back up and I havent had a problem since.

I had this exact same thing. It was about -35°C that day so I think the cold had confused a sensor. I had the car idling to warm it up and when I came out of the house to get in it, it was idling really rough. When I started to drive it would barely move and the EPC light came on. I just shut the ignition off and back on again and it worked fine. Phoned dealer about it and they just gave me the usual run around.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Just threw an EPC light on my 08 tonight. Dropped my sister off at her house, decided to drive a little spiritedly on the couple blocks home and kicked up some snow, light came on and car wouldn't rev past 1800rpm. Limped it the last block home, shut it off and back on. Doesn't limp anymore but the EPC was still on. I'm going to guess some snow is being a bitch to a sensor but I'll check it out more tomorrow.

robthorpe

Licence Plate: SK8RDIE
Below -20C I try to take it nice and easy. Multiple MILs in the cold, only one EPC though...had to limp it home that night. Fine the next day, no problems since. That was last winter, been serviced twice since(regular maintenance), and no problems this year...fingers crossed!