GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enkei Tuning Tenjin

FR4NK S1NATRA

Car(s)
MK5 R32
Here are the gray Enkei Tenjin on my R32 (18x8 et45)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
i ended up getting the black wheels 17x8 et 45 on 225/45/27 tire.

how low are you? Is there a reason you went with a 225 series, instead of going up to a 235 or 245? The width increase makes a massive difference in handling, stability, traction, etc. Sole reason I went with a 8" wheel was to put 245's on.

FR4NK S1NATRA

Car(s)
MK5 R32
7.5" wide is optimal for 225 and 8" is optimal for 225/235, 245 would be a bit beefy for a 8". But if GTI clearance is anything like R32 then I'm surprised you can fit anything bigger than a 235 without rubbing under hard cornering (and being low). My setup was for track though, not sure about M.K.V.'s setup.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
optimal yes, but you can fit 235 on 7.5 very easily as well as 245 on 8 as I have run both. I only rubbed a little on the fender liner with the 245's but am not very low and know the clearance issue hence my question. Are people not going wider for clearance issues or just because they do not feel the need?

FR4NK S1NATRA

Car(s)
MK5 R32
for me it was both, 225 to a 235 was a negligible difference. I preferred being able to corner hard and not worry about tearing my fender off. Plus with AWD I don't need more contact with the road unlike a GTI who would benefit more from a wider tire imo