GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Sounds like its going to turn off

Angx

My FAST is DIRTYYYY
So I got into my car after the movies and my car started idling alkwardly. So I thought Its just a cold start and I let it warm up for abit. I check it after 5 min and same thing but this time the rpm's jump up to 2000 then back down to 800 and same story. It sounds like it is struggling to stay on. I am using 91 octane fuel from Shell. As for mods I don't have anything drastic. Just a forge dv, a eurojet pvc fix, and an evoms intake. The air filter is clean since I cleaned it afew months ago.

I will be taking the car into vw tomorrow just wondering if anyone had a similar problems, or any ideas what it can be.

Thanks
Ang

Angx

My FAST is DIRTYYYY
ok so i opened the hood up and there is a hissing coming from the engine.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
There's a vacuum leak somewhere. Try looking for a disconnected hose or a noticeable amount of cold air blowing in the engine bay. First place I would look is around the boost tap you're using for the Forge DV.

Angx

My FAST is DIRTYYYY
Ok so I just got in from a hectic day. Took the car to my dealership and they told me that there were 7 error codes and that all pistons were miss firing.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I just got in from a hectic day. Took the car to my dealership and they told me that there were 7 error codes and that all pistons were miss firing.

You're sure to misfire if you have a bad vacuum leak. Most of the error codes probably have to do with underboost and messed up MAF readings due to the leak.