GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine harness replacement

DOLF V GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI M
As you all know, the plastic clips on the harness are so damn sensitive to take off, and when they age, it breaks off for just looking at them..
Want to replace mine and keep all wiring neat, also ensuring a better seal when washing the engine bay.
The VW agents informed me that you can buy the engine harness for a few bucks, but is there any tips from an expert when replacing it? The wiring in an around the engine is no rocket science, but where it splits up to supply and ECU can get difficult i think..
Any advice appreciated

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Its a VW...just use some zip ties, anybody who has ever owned a MK2 knows zip ties hold those cars together lol

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

BAMF

Ready to race!
I think replacing the entire harness is going to be expensive and quite a project! You know you can buy the plugs and repair wires with terminals to clip right in at the dealer, right? I'd suggest just replacing them as they break.

TCFGLI08

DRIVE/LIVE
Car(s)
2008/VW/GLI
As you all know, the plastic clips on the harness are so damn sensitive to take off, and when they age, it breaks off for just looking at them..
Want to replace mine and keep all wiring neat, also ensuring a better seal when washing the engine bay.
The VW agents informed me that you can buy the engine harness for a few bucks, but is there any tips from an expert when replacing it? The wiring in an around the engine is no rocket science, but where it splits up to supply and ECU can get difficult i think..
Any advice appreciated

I am in the same boat as you
ECSTUNING has the harness,but it is not cheap about $365.72
I hate the VW connectors
Does anyone know where to get the harness at a decent price?
Thanks, Terry

DOLF V GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI M
Thx for the info..
The zip ties - LOL.. No thx..

Some of the coils made a hot connection, and the plugs were damaged.
Would just sleep better if I know the harness is new..

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Confirm with your dealer

06F 972 619 T manual bpy

06F 972 619 AA automatic bpy