GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Cut out - no warning lights

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
hi, i'm back after a long tie without needing assistance!

i have recently paid £550 to get my car through the MOT and have fixed my central locking problem in the process, but now since passing, i've got 2 more faults!!

the brake fluid sensor has broken (£22.50 dealers)

and the car randomly turns off when driving - i cna be doing 60mph in 5th gear with semi-throttle on and it dies, it's as if i turned the key.

it happened 5 times on one trip and on the 5th i couldnt get it started again and ditched the car for 5 hours whilst i went to work.

any ideas?

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
ok, it happened yesterday and i had the glowplug light for a couple seconds whilst the engine was trying to keep running, but when it cut out i had the traction control light on

Millsy

My car kept losing power when driving and felt like it was missing alot. Sometimes it would turn over straight away after or if id wait half an hour it would start again. Took mine to the dealers and they ran the diganostics test on it and had a look. They claim its the fuel pump. Might be the same as yours mate. Should get it checked out. It was free for me and I was able to get the part numbers to get a second hand one and fit it myself.

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
i fixed this a while ago - there was water in my fusebox after collecting form the garage. f knows what they did to get water in there but it's all fine now

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
sorry i'm slow replying lol.
well the rubber seal by the windscreen was not secured in place so my guess is they used a pressure washer directly into the wiper cavity and blasted it out of place - then soaked the fusebox

no damage done so thumbs up :)