GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine cover mount Part #?

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Would anybody know what the part number would be for the 4 plastic engine cover grommets/mounts would be?

I took off my engine cover tonight to find that the rear right grommet had been completely chewed up and was actually inside the engine cover. F*ck knows how it got in there, but I'm pretty sure it would equal bad news. The left rear is also looking a bit hammered, but is doing the job it's there to do.

Would like to get a replacement, but need to know exactly what to ask for.

:help:

I only took the cover off as I was preparing to paint it, and wanted to remove the FSI strip down the middle to prepare for other modifications. Pretty glad I did.

NGT10V

going, going, GONE
the part number is possibly 06A103226 - called a 'stop buffer'. it may or may not be the same as the 2.0L FSI which that number is based on. item 3 in the pic below.

just go to a VW parts department, show them this picture, tell them your VIN and the correct part should come up on their system.

Attachments

• 103800.png
    103800.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 3,204

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
:thumbsup:

A better starting point than what I had. Will give them a call first so I don't waste my time. I dread my local VW dealership.

Thanks NGT10V

NGT10V

going, going, GONE
no worries. btw, that information came from www.vagcat.com - an online (probably outdated) parts catalog for VAG cars. i think ECS Tuning also has a similar system though i've never used it.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Benough mention something called ETKA to me once. Need to look into it. Might be useful in a situation like this.

EDIT: This stop buffer thing must be something else. Looks different. I'll take a photo of to clarify when I get a tick.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Get the part number from VW and you'll get a price that's pretty high. Then call Audi and get them from there for a tenth of the price.

And get some rubber grease from an auto store and grease them up well before you put the cover back on. Swap out all four even if the other two look ok.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Here are some pics:

What it should look like:

The part that that I found trapped in the engine cover:

The mount point minus the nub:

4 locations:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Get the part number from VW and you'll get a price that's pretty high. Then call Audi and get them from there for a tenth of the price.

What's the deal with that. I would have assumed that Audi = > $$ :iono:

NGT10V

going, going, GONE
oh yeah i remember them. i broke one once. the rubber stop buffer thing usually sits on top of it i think.

the metal thing in your 4th pic should actually be inside the plastic thing.

i can't seem to find them on vagcat though sorry.

SideFX

Black and White
The engine cover shat itself from the K04 kit? keke..

One option is to get a CAI and fit an Evoms engine cover..the overall cost could be less than the price of VW OEM parts..LOL

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Thanks for trying anyway Nick. Appreciate the effort. :wink:

I was considering a different aftermarket intake, but dubious after reading this on tex. Will wait to see what comes of it. For now, I think I've actually found a good use for the Carbonio.

PS. Alex, sorry I haven't gotten back to you regarding your PM around a month ago. I haven't forgotten. :thumbsup:

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
YouSnooze to the rescue! Parts delivered to my door with next day delivery!

All for the huge cost of $0 (well, a drive of my car as an IOU anyway)

Thanks Doug! Much appreciated mate.