GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Elbow Door Padding Options ?

ndccpf1

Passed Driver's Ed
On the MKVI the door panel armrest has upgraded (thicker) padding for arm / elbows. Is there an aftermarket option for us to "pad" our MKV door panels ? Something of quality and something to match the current material / color ?

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
On the MKVI the door panel armrest has upgraded (thicker) padding for arm / elbows. Is there an aftermarket option for us to "pad" our MKV door panels ? Something of quality and something to match the current material / color ?

Agreed, I got my car used and on the driver and passenger there are 2 or 3 small frills where the thread came up, they bother me...

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
Agreed, I got my car used and on the driver and passenger there are 2 or 3 small frills where the thread came up, they bother me...

Same here. Water stains on the left arm rest, frills on the right. Had considered pulling the door panels & re-upholstering both sides.

if you know how to wrap a headliner, the same skills apply to the door cloth area for elbows. it will just be harder to mold the cloth to the curves of the door