GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro-Kit clunking sound

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
My friend just had Eibach pro-kit and Koni FSD shocks installed on '08 GTI and is experiencing loud clunking noise when accelerating or cornering. Seems to occur at any speed. Shop guy doesn't think its the shocks, but most likely the springs that may have an issue. The shop guy is very experienced with GTI susp installs (done quite a few for ppl on this forum) so I doubt its upside down springs or F installed as R's, etc.

Also, not sure if this is normal, but the shop guy who installed it said he could literally turn the spring by hand when the car was on the ground.

My friend is going back to the shop to check out the serial numbers. We are thinking maybe its a bad batch of Eibach springs.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
My friend just had Eibach pro-kit and Koni FSD shocks installed on '08 GTI and is experiencing loud clunking noise when accelerating or cornering. Seems to occur at any speed. Shop guy doesn't think its the shocks, but most likely the springs that may have an issue. The shop guy is very experienced with GTI susp installs (done quite a few for ppl on this forum) so I doubt its upside down springs or F installed as R's, etc.

Samson?

Also, not sure if this is normal, but the shop guy who installed it said he could literally turn the spring by hand when the car was on the ground.

normal. in a sense. the spring sort of floats on the perch/strut bearing.
My friend is going back to the shop to check out the serial numbers. We are thinking maybe its a bad batch of Eibach springs.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

if he took the sway bar links off when installing it it might be that get him to tighten them as well.

natskiboy

Ready to race!
Ive read on vortex about Prokit springs that were defective.

I was going to say maybe the swaybar is loose but then again, if its Samson who installed this he should know.

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
LOL regarding this:
"TO INSTALL THE EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRINGS CORRECTLY, THE PRINTING IS UPSIDE DOWN"

Anyways, thanks all for the guidance. Most likely a bad set of springs.