GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Edward Kennedy Died

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I don't know why, but I feel no remorse at all that he died. I have absolutely NO respect for him, and I think for the most part, I have nothing but contempt towards him. I think most politicians are crooked, but this guy has to be up there.

I'm sorry if this offended anyone. Actually, I may not even be that sorry if I did. :iono:

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
When you have done a tiny fraction of the work that Ted Kennedy accomplished in his life to help others, then feel free to bash him.

Until then, STFU.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
When you have done a tiny fraction of the work that Ted Kennedy accomplished in his life to help others, then feel free to bash him.

Until then, STFU.

Oh really? I'm pretty sure he's done more helping of himself than of others. There's people who do a lot of things like work with poor people in tiny villages in really poor countries that go unnoticed that deserve more praise than you give Ted Kennedy.

I think you're the one that needs to STFU and get off his jock. He was a politician for 47 years, he's going to be dirty.

:thumbsup:

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
I'm pretty sure he's done more helping of himself than of others.

He was a politician for 47 years, he's going to be dirty.

Do you have any proof of those allegations, or is that what the radio told you to say?

Honestly, if that's the best you can come up with, you should leave the serious conversations to the grown-ups.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Do you have any proof of those allegations, or is that what the radio told you to say?

Honestly, if that's the best you can come up with, you should leave the serious conversations to the grown-ups.

Really dude? 47 years in the senate and you don't think he has done ANY thing wrong? Isn't that a little naive? Maybe you should do some growing up. Besides, I can't leave, I started this thread.

Like I said before, there's people who do kind things because they want to, and they go unnoticed. A big time politician like him throws a $5,000 a plate party for "charity" and it is a great act for humanity. Ted and other politicians do it under the spotlight where the media can report about it and they are praised. There's people who do missionary work overseas out of the kindness of their heart and they don't even get a hand shake. I have friends who are in Engineers Without Borders who do kind work, and they don't do it in the spot light.

Love it or hate it, that's my opinion of Ted Kennedy. :thumbdown:

Strmtrpr

Censored
Can't be colder than letting a girl drown in a car then not getting help or reporting it.

I am sorry didn't know you were there, and or knew everything that happened in that situation....:rolleyes:

You can have your opinion of the man but when you say something that cold about someone on a forum expect a reaction...

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
Really dude? 47 years in the senate and you don't think he has done ANY thing wrong? Isn't that a little naive?

Yes, that would be naive.

It's a good thing I didn't say anything close to that.

Nobody is all good or all bad. Sometimes I wish, like you, that I could live in world where there are no shades of gray, where all is either black or white. Unfortunately, I am burdened by the ability to see both sides of an issue and to see beyond the headlines and scandals to assess a person's true worth in the grand scheme of things. My world is full of gray.

Perhaps if I were to deprive my brain of oxygen, I could see things your way. There's always hope.

BTW, I never said you should leave, just that you should STFU.

SagOisaTREE

Ready to race!
So he is automatically a crook because he was a senator for a long time? That's pretty flawed logic. Even if he was a cheat, the man has probably achieved more in his lifetime than anyone on this board can hope to achieve and even if he made a few wrong turns here and there he deserves some respect.

Strmtrpr

Censored
Apparently Remus is a saint and has never done anything wrong or slighted anyone ever....:lol:

festivus

Nooblinger
Yes, that would be naive.

It's a good thing I didn't say anything close to that.

Nobody is all good or all bad. Sometimes I wish, like you, that I could live in world where there are no shades of gray, where all is either black or white. Unfortunately, I am burdened by the ability to see both sides of an issue and to see beyond the headlines and scandals to assess a person's true worth in the grand scheme of things. My world is full of gray.

Perhaps if I were to deprive my brain of oxygen, I could see things your way. There's always hope.

BTW, I never said you should leave, just that you should STFU.

FATALITY (no pun intended).

Rest in peace, Ted.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
After Chapaquitic he should burn in hell! All the good Kennedy's died young and they left an asshole behind.

He left a body to die in the Chapaquitic... was a drunk, a rapist, a liar... need I say more.
Bottom line for him... if your last name is Kennedy and you are in politics you can get away with anything in life. May he rest in Hell!!!
He deserves no respect whatsoever.