GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs Porsche Cayman S PDK

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Sitting at a light in the middle lane I see a black Cayman S coming to my left. A nice 3-lane straight ahead, not too long but enough for a little fun. I thought to myself if the guy wants a dig race I'm not gonna bother, so I minded my own business until I got into 2nd gear. Usually these guys either don't wait for nobody and just go WOT on their own or don't bother at all, so it's not exactly easy to get them to race. So I'm into 2nd, doing about 40 mph, I look to my left and he's right there so I'm starting to think wow he may be actually waiting on my signal. I keep accelerating slowly, into 3rd doing about 55 and I'm thinking maybe I should just go ahead and tease the guy show him I'm up for it. Evidently it didn't take long and we had a race. :happyanim:

Doing about 55, I started pulling slowly, into 4th I'm half a car ahead, top of 4th I'm one car ahead and a little into 5th I win by about a car and a half. More or less I'd say I pulled about half a car throughout each gear. Of course DSG wasn't earning me anything because PDK is basically the same thing.

I had a passenger (my girl) and he was alone. His car was stock, 325 hp and 273 ftlb. We have about the same hp but I suppose my 340 ftlb made all the difference. Still, Porsche made a long way with their new engine, the difference compared to the old Cayman S (manual) that made 295 hp and 251 ftlb is just simply mind blowing. Having raced both I can say that car was just lame. New one actually holds its own.. still needs a turbo though :biggrin:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Nice kill OP, have you taken it to the dragstrip?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Thanks. No not yet, the strips near me are only 1/4 mile anyway, and not very good quality. There is a 1 mile strip at an airport which is top quality but it's about 6 hours by ship, the airport is on an island. I plan to visit when I've finished tuning the car, but it's taking me longer than I thought because I've just moved in to a new apartment and I have a long list of things I need to purchase. :biggrin: