GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs '07 S3 & '09 S3

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
2 different races, both S3's manual just driver, I had a passenger. Funny how I grabbed their attention like a magnet cause I was minding my own business timing a few pulls with my buddy and they were trying to stay close, so I went 'fuck timing' !

vs '07 stage 1 Revo + intake: 40 mph roll 2nd gear, we're even up to 60, shift to 3rd I start pulling and I keep pulling all the way to 130 mph, 3 cars ahead.

vs '09 stage 1: 40 mph roll 2nd gear, even up to 60, shift to 3rd I start pulling and I keep pulling but the difference here was above 90 mph or so I pulled harder, again 3 cars at the end but we only went up to 120.. probably another car (?) had we kept going for another 10 mph. Didn't find out what tune he had.

S3 is heavier by about 175 pounds, that's roughly a passenger so we were probably the same weight, then it's drivetrain and dsg. Also not everyone is so demanding to know exactly what settings their tune runs and from what I've found most are going to say they run 98 oct or 100 oct file, knowing nothing further than that. Still from what I could tell, the Revo S3 was running strong.

i<3myMKV

Winner
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI
Nice kills dude, ED30 GTI's are badass!

...cool

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
2 different races, both S3's manual just driver, I had a passenger. Funny how I grabbed their attention like a magnet cause I was minding my own business timing a few pulls with my buddy and they were trying to stay close, so I went 'fuck timing' !

vs '07 stage 1 Revo + intake: 40 mph roll 2nd gear, we're even up to 60, shift to 3rd I start pulling and I keep pulling all the way to 130 mph, 3 cars ahead.

vs '09 stage 1: 40 mph roll 2nd gear, even up to 60, shift to 3rd I start pulling and I keep pulling but the difference here was above 90 mph or so I pulled harder, again 3 cars at the end but we only went up to 120.. probably another car (?) had we kept going for another 10 mph. Didn't find out what tune he had.

S3 is heavier by about 175 pounds, that's roughly a passenger so we were probably the same weight, then it's drivetrain and dsg. Also not everyone is so demanding to know exactly what settings their tune runs and from what I've found most are going to say they run 98 oct or 100 oct file, knowing nothing further than that. Still from what I could tell, the Revo S3 was running strong.

I become green with envy when you post... Just thinking of a factory K04 and that interior... :bow:

mamey

Ready to race!
I become green with envy when you post... Just thinking of a factory K04 and that interior... :bow:

me too, I´m seriuosly thinking in a K04 factory car, but it gotta be a cupra or a S3 (more $$$)a golf with a k04 here is called pirelli edition, but pretty rare cars..

Nice kills OP!

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Nice kills dude, ED30 GTI's are badass!

...cool

Nice man! Anymore plans for your car?

starry
Plans are currently on hold (and for another year or so) because I may move to the States for a while and that can as well be permanent, I know my car is unacceptable if I ship it overseas it will be stuck at the customs forever cause it's not homologated for the US market.. from what I've read and heard asking around, there is a way to get it approved but I'll have to pay a shitload, like $15k plus another 7k to ship it in a container (I'd never ship it otherwise cause shit happens) and even if I accept to spend all that money, I'll be without a car for months probably so I might as well buy another car while I'm there.

If I don't move there's 2 options. Either stage 2 with w/m etc, or a TTRS. For a full bolt on stage 2 I'll need about €4k from where I sit and for a used TTRS price varies from €30k to €50k cause I want low mileage, but we're talking about a huge upgrade here, let alone tuning potential. For the record I bought mine new for €39k back in '07. Question is whether I'll say it's time for another car or not. If not then stage 2 here I come!

Anyway I'm happy as it is. It's still quick for a grocery getter and I can take a trip in comfort and safety. Sure I want moar power though, I admit! :biggrin:

Thanks, but you know what they say.. grass is always greener on the other side. If I do move to the States afterall, I'm definitely after a Shelby GT500, one of my favorite cars. Super Snake if possible.. But I envy you guys you can get your hands on dream cars like that for a portion of what they cost here. Muscle ftw :wub:

me too, I´m seriuosly thinking in a K04 factory car, but it gotta be a cupra or a S3 (more $$$)a golf with a k04 here is called pirelli edition, but pretty rare cars..

Nice kills OP!
Yeah ED30's are rare here too. I'll see one every 3-4 months. I'm not that much fond of S3's don't get me wrong they're awesome cars and their AWD is money.. but I find ED30's better looking, if only we had AWD lol :biggrin:

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
If I had the coin i'd be alllll about a stage 3 TTRS. But for that you could probly get a slightly used GT-R and chip it and own all!

TSiUG

sleeper...
But I envy you guys you can get your hands on dream cars like that for a portion of what they cost here. Muscle ftw

But at the same time we dont have nearly the same options you do as far as euro cars are concerned. Hell, we got our first stock K04 equipped Golf in the form of the 2012/13 Golf R. You have had the (albeit limited) option of a stock K04 for literally 6 years ahead of us "stateside" guys:mad0259:

Disregarding money altogether I would take your current European options over our stupid gas guzzling v8 options all day every day:thumbsup:

ps....I hope u end up with a TTRS with a stage 3 turbo swap:thumbsup:

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
TTRS with a 3076... that would be no joke!