GOLFMKV

Earth Time lapse

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
mind blown, im still trying to figure out what that green stuff is

It's called the Aurora Borealis.

An aurora (plural: auroras or aurorae) is a natural light display in the sky particularly in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions, caused by the collision of energetic charged particles with atoms in the high altitude atmosphere (thermosphere). The charged particles originate in the magnetosphere and solar wind and are directed by the Earth's magnetic field into the atmosphere.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Amazing!!!

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
mind blown, im still trying to figure out what that green stuff is

It's called the Aurora Borealis.

Derp. Although its just really the "Aurora". The Borealis part means its in the northern hemisphere or some crap like that because I know theres an Aurora Australias or something like that

We had that over Chicago once, it was pretty neat. That video was pretty wicked too, its crazy how you can see where the atmosphere starts/stops.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
incredible video. i love looking at the sporadic lightening strikes from above as well.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
Derp. Although its just really the "Aurora". The Borealis part means its in the northern hemisphere or some crap like that because I know theres an Aurora Australias or something like that

^^^^This

Aurora Borealis = Northern Hemisphere

Aurora Australis = Southern Hemisphere

Uber sweet video, BTW.

DUB2OT

Banned
great video

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
very cool. the lightning was great. good way to make one feel rather insignificant...

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
very cool. the lightning was great. good way to make one feel rather insignificant...

This x2. The lightning was the shit. Its amazing the light you can see from space. Its verry cool and, dare I say, "neat" :thumbsup:

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI

We had that over Chicago once, it was pretty neat. That video was pretty wicked too, its crazy how you can see where the atmosphere starts/stops.

I stand corrected.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
I just watched it again...

This time I actually followed along with the scene numbers and the location. Number 8 at 2:25 I'm pretty sure is the head of the Nile in Egypt. Its amazing to see that intense ribbon of light, then nothing around it. People live near water! The next video scene shows it as well. I'm guessing the other crazy concentration of light to the East of that is Isreal, Jordan, and Lebanon. Amazing.