GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dyno with all I have on my car... please help...

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
Yesterday I dynoed my car on MAHA LPS3000 and the power in the midrange is :mad0259: not working very good... what can it be...??????????????

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
here is the actual boost... with vag com

and here the maf readings

and here the BDTC...

all logs are from this dyno!!!

could it be bad fuel???

I am running revo stg1 with RON 100 settings (timing 9)

Last edited:

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
no idea???

leviathan18

Ready to race!
hi from a fellow FR owner maybe the dyno is off ?

why you dont have stage II if you have downpipe ?

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
hi from a fellow FR owner maybe the dyno is off ?

why you dont have stage II if you have downpipe ?

b/c for the 1.8 TSI there is no stg2 out... they told me... it will comming soon... (xmas)...

leviathan18

Ready to race!
well its a lot power for the 1.8t i was thinking you got the 2.0

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
I will check it again with shell v-power racing that is RON 100 here in greece...

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
The ATDC is hurting you mid-range power. Were you using 100RON fuel with that timing setting when your car was being dynoed?

07Noside

Banned
Personally I dont think there is a problem, I think that it is the software holding you back that you need a more aggressive timing map mainly. You have all the mods you need the problem is the software is not taking the benefit of those. 100Ron in EU is like almost 109 oct fuel here. Your regular premium grade fuel 95 ron iirc should be more then enough octane rating. I mean you can try but if anything it might actually hurt your performance if your software cant further advance ignition timing.

Only thing that bothers me that is wierd and could be a bug in the software being it is newly developed I guess is how your boost request flat lines from about 4300-5000rpms. Does that always happen?

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Whoa, I am actually disagreeing with Noside. :yikes: :lol:

Timing looks like shit in the boost onset/peak area, but that is only from the 2.0 perspective. -7 to -8 BTDC at boost onset/peak is crappy IMO. So maybe the timing could be more aggressive, or the timing setting of 9 that you are using is too aggresive and the ECU is pulling it back because you are requesting too much. Either way, I wouldn't like that much timing pull into ATDC.

But like I said, my perspective is from the 2.0t, not the 1.8 dude. Sorry.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Whoa, I am actually disagreeing with Noside. :yikes: :lol:

Timing looks like shit in the boost onset/peak area, but that is only from the 2.0 perspective. -7 to -8 BTDC at boost onset/peak is crappy IMO. So maybe the timing could be more aggressive, or the timing setting of 9 that you are using is too aggresive and the ECU is pulling it back because you are requesting too much. Either way, I wouldn't like that much timing pull into ATDC.

But like I said, my perspective is from the 2.0t, not the 1.8 dude. Sorry.

I agree, but having more data from those pulls would be great to truly pin point the issue.

OP did you record cylinder Knock(Group 20) and IAT's? If the cylinder knock is high enough the ecu will start to retard timing and by looks of how ADTC oscillates up and down, it seems the ECU is trying to eliminate pre-detonation.

GolfRS

Banned
Wow !!

You guys are really getting risky here...

Aren't you scared Chris might show up....

Brrrrr.....

GTIracer

Streetracer
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
go with a custom software for your car and not a standard chip tuning. Then you get the max power with your mods.

Mario