GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dsg Tune...

vwracin86

For the last couple weeks I have been trying out this new to the US market DSG tune. Its a tune done by Malone. So far its been great!!! The shifts are smoother in normal drive more- Sharper in Sport mode and no more annoying auto up and down shifting and M mode. I have even seen a little better fuel economy with my normal commuting. No I say a little bit better cause I have been driving the last few weeks with a roof rack on and been only down 2 mpg vs 4-5 mpg before the tune!

The tune has a lot of great abilities besides all that:

Launch control was raised to about the 3800 rpm and takes off a lot better.

The tune is customizable- Its all done via emails and makes changes from your current software, so if you don't like something you can give you feedback and they will make the changes.

The torque limit is raised for the DSG so with my stage 1 APR tune it actually feels like it has more power! It will probably do even better with forced induction.

Shifts in Sport mode are more RPM based other then load based so it always stays in the power band, No more straight down shifting when its time to go.

Like I said its new to the US market but has been goin strong on a lot of TDI cars over in Korea and other places over seas- He is also one of the main DSG tuners and helps out other companies like HPA and other tunes (so I'm told)

r32tko

Car(s)
mkv R32
Have you ever drive a car that had the United Motorsports DSG Tune?

It sounds intriguing but I would much rather have a UM tune... Which I'm getting this weekend... With spark cut!! They have so much support with the R32's I couldn't even imagine getting a tune by anyone else. But this looks like a solid dealer for the tune.

vwracin86

For the most part is going to be close to the same tune. I'm sure if you wanted they could add a spark cut. The main thing is its not a off the shelf tune. It customized to your needs and you can change what you don't like about it. With that said though i have not been in another dsg tuned car.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
If u like the 3800 Launch then u should try a 5400 launch :headbang:

I would love to make my D & S mode a little bit more aggressive as well as add my Kick Down back to my M mode. For some reason
i LOVE my Kick Down :wub:

vwracin86

i could see a launch at that high to be fun, i just rarely drive like that anymore. hate to say it but i gave that stuff up when i sold the STi

vipermoon64

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
If u like the 3800 Launch then u should try a 5400 launch :headbang:

I would love to make my D & S mode a little bit more aggressive as well as add my Kick Down back to my M mode. For some reason
i LOVE my Kick Down :wub:

I heard the clutch slips like crazy at that RPM-of-a launch, if so it really won't be that exiting...

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
I heard the clutch slips like crazy at that RPM-of-a launch, if so it really won't be that exiting...

I run United Motorsports DSG software, After countless launches at 5000-6000rpms on 2-step building about 5-7 psi at the line, I haven't experienced any slip. This also on 24.5 X 8.5 X 15 drag slicks.
I also will say the UM software is only software I have ever used that will handle 450-500whp and properly shifts at 8000-8250 rpms, without any hardware changes to the DSG itself. Heck my current setup is around 600+ whp and DSG has yet to hiccup. After having a few other software brands and then working with Fred and Jeff at UM, I can say Jeff has some of the best knowledge on how DSG operates and what it can truly handle.

fasdude

Car Enthusiast
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
For the last couple weeks I have been trying out this new to the US market DSG tune. Its a tune done by Malone. So far its been great!!! The shifts are smoother in normal drive more- Sharper in Sport mode and no more annoying auto up and down shifting and M mode. I have even seen a little better fuel economy with my normal commuting. No I say a little bit better cause I have been driving the last few weeks with a roof rack on and been only down 2 mpg vs 4-5 mpg before the tune!

The tune has a lot of great abilities besides all that:

Launch control was raised to about the 3800 rpm and takes off a lot better.

The tune is customizable- Its all done via emails and makes changes from your current software, so if you don't like something you can give you feedback and they will make the changes.

The torque limit is raised for the DSG so with my stage 1 APR tune it actually feels like it has more power! It will probably do even better with forced induction.

Shifts in Sport mode are more RPM based other then load based so it always stays in the power band, No more straight down shifting when its time to go.

Like I said its new to the US market but has been goin strong on a lot of TDI cars over in Korea and other places over seas- He is also one of the main DSG tuners and helps out other companies like HPA and other tunes (so I'm told)

Is it just one guy working out of his garage or does he have a business name? How much? Does he have a loaner tool or do you have to bring your car to him?