GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dsg tune for stage 2?

Mk75gti

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE
I have a 2019 MK7.5 gti se, and I'm wondering if I'm required to get a DSG tune to go stage 2 or if it's just a luxury.The ECU tune I'm getting is the equilibrium stage 2. Also I always drive the car in manual mode if that adds anything. Any help is appreciated thanks guys!

Last edited:

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
The improved shift points on the DSG tune are more of a luxury but if I were you id get the tcu tune for the added clamping pressure that can better withstand the increased torque of the stage 2 tune

Mk75gti

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE
Ok so Im pretty new so alot of things I say may seems dumb but the tcu tune and the dsg tune are two separate things? I always thought they were the same. What exactly would happen if I just got the ecu stage 2 tune and didnt touch the tcu?

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Tcu and dsg tune are the same, I should have clarified. To my knowledge tuning the ecu and not tuning the tcu/dsg could put you at risk of getting some clutch slip.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
TCU is the Transmission Control Unit. Think of it as the brain of the transmission. DSG is Direct Shift Gearbox. The DSG is controlled by the TCU.