GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Shift?

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
is it true the shifting gears in DSG by urself is better than letting it shift by it self in S mode or T-Tronic? :iono:

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
some ppl say that the DSG rev more than the limit in some gears?

kenton

Ready to race!
Typically, you want to rev beyond the limit so when you shift to your next gear you land higher in the powerband.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
No, I think hes saying that people say that in Regular, or T-Tronic mode, the car doesn't automaticly shift for best gas miliage.

Is that correct?

I also dont think hes talking about racing...

bcze1

You people make me laugh
Typically, you want to rev beyond the limit so when you shift to your next gear you land higher in the powerband.

Sure, but that doesn't really apply here. There is no point whatsoever in shifting the 2.0T that high as HP starts dropping off past 5,500rpm and the power band begins at less that 2,000 rpm (all due to it having a small turbo). But beyond that, an engine's red line is not some arbitrary number. Bad things happen above it, including having warranty claims denied.

kenton

Ready to race!
The only reason why I stated that was because my previous, previous car ('05 RSX Type-S) had the same valves, valve springs and valve spring retainers as the Japanese Integra Type-R.

Our USA RSX-S revlimited at 8300RPM. Their Japanese Type-R revlimited at 8600RPM.

The reflashes available for that vehicle suggest 8600RPM is an absolutely safe RPM based upon the information above. I ran at 8600RPM for well over a year and never had any problems.

I would never suggest revving past the factory revlimiter, but that's not a concern with DSG users, only manual drivers who can actually cause a mechanical overrev due to a poorly placed shift.

Shood87

Ready to race!
good cause one day i let my bro drive it and it was wet and he tried to luanch it in sport mode. the whells kept spinning and it did not shift out of first for a while.

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
my point is that i am stock and i raced a stock GTI.. we are both DSG.. we were even until 3rd gear he jumped maybe half car length.. i asked him how come u pulled at me at 3rd like that.. he says that he used the paddles and shift by himself.. i shift down to the lowest gear and floor the pedal and let the DSG does its work.. my main point is shifting by ur self really makes that difference?