GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DsG oil checking

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
i believe the techs check the condition with a scan tool, but dude, if the shifting feels bad, just change it.
I use motul DCTF now & love it!

Spectre

Ready to race!
It doesn't go anywhere if you don't have a leak. You're supposed to change it every 40K miles. Mine always looks like new when I change it. Not much else to say.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
i believe the techs check the condition with a scan tool, but dude, if the shifting feels bad, just change it.
I use motul DCTF now & love it!
Sent you pm, I'm going to try motul soon.

OP, you can check the level/top it off by pulling the first drain plug underneath and removing the filter on top to fill it. It will only drain out after it's over the correct level. I would recommend just a new o-ring for that filter housing if you are between changes.

live4something

Ready to race!
Sent you pm, I'm going to try motul soon.

OP, you can check the level/top it off by pulling the first drain plug underneath and removing the filter on top to fill it. It will only drain out after it's over the correct level. I would recommend just a new o-ring for that filter housing if you are between changes.
Don't forget accuracy using the flute for oil level is dependent upon fluid temp