GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Fluid Brands

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll be changing the DSG fluid soon and am wondering if I have to use the fluid sold by a dealership? Is the OEM fluid price higher just because everything that VW sells will be more expensive than stuff sold by aftermarket manufacturers? Can I go with Pentosin, Liqui Moly, or another brand of DSG fluid?
Will most likely purchase from FCP.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They're all fine, the ones you listed all meet spec. Personally went with Liqui Moly.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They're all fine, the ones you listed all meet spec. Personally went with Liqui Moly.

Thanks.
Out of the ones I saw, LM was the cheapest. I know they make good stuff, just wanted to make sure it's fine to use something other than VW branded stuff, which I'm sure is made by one of the companies I listed. :)

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
FYI Pentosin is the factory fill. The 5L kit is $86 shipped to my door on RockAuto...

http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/pentosin_ffl-2.pdf"Pentosin FFL-2 is the only approved first fill and service fill transmission fluid for the new generation of AVW double clutch gear transmissions (DSG)."

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Shouldn't use anything but the OEM VW fluid. If 4 different shops recommend it over Lm or motul that says something.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Did Pentosin the first time and liquimoly the second time. Either will be fine. The mechanic who did it the first time was a former Audi master tech and the guy who did it the second time is a VW tech doing a side job for me. So... 88k miles and still ticking...