GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drive car of the year for under 60K

Yellow R26

Passed Driver's Ed
What you guys think about the new Megane 250 trophy?

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/car-...-60k-isnt-all-about-power/20101123-184jn.html

technopato

Passed Driver's Ed
Still don't know how the Focus RS made it in but not the Golf R??? Wouldve changed things round a little... New Renault isn't a slouch by any regards but the R would give a better run for it's money IMO..

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Wonder what the Renault forums would think when a VW Polo driver starts a thread there asking what Renault drivers think of the "Drive" Car of the Year? Oh, by the way it's a Polo........

macad

apple pixel pusher
French - enough said.

oh okay a couple more - The GTI failed to win a vote?, familiarity breeds contempt!

Yellow R26

Passed Driver's Ed
I have noticed a bunch of new users on the forum and a LOT of interest in the new Megnae, and as drive is usually a pro GTI camp and picked the Meggy this year found it interesting.

Just wanted to see what you GTI die hards think of the new car, not here to bag outthe VW's they are awesome, just looking to see what you blokes think of the new car.

It's an awesome piece of kit in the flesh, with the recarros and I know that they are already being remapped up to 320bhp :)

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Remapped to 320hp is good, I think the Golf R with stage1 APR just edges that figure.

The shape ain't too bad this time around, the seats are brilliant, but the dash is still plain IMO. If they came in four door I might have considered one. Well done Renault.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
I know a couple (hundred :smile: ) that would kill to get the chance to drive one.
that is because I'm also a mod in a local Renault forum (used to had a Clio 172).

For the most part, french cars are the kind of love it or hate it, this is no exception.
Personally I hate the looks, the previous gen was more visually appealing to me at least, but the performance must be out of this world if it can easily outrun the Megane 225, which, stock to stock has kicked my ass way too many times on the track and dragstrip (Haven't had the chance to try again with stage 2).

kicku9

MKV OLDMAN
Car(s)
09 white MKV
Anything French no thank you. There about as reliable as there army lol.

Yellow R26

Passed Driver's Ed
Anything French no thank you. There about as reliable as there army lol.

Having been on the forums for 4 years now and seen a few 100K plus cars doing track work, I can attest that the reliability issues are over stated.

You get a few bad ones in every batch, but the ones I have owned have been rock solid (except for dodgy repairs).

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
The Frogs know how to build a good fast hatch and they consistently win these sorts of comp's globally - great result for Renault. They've held the benchmark for a few years now and someone (looking at you VAG!!) needs to punch them in their whimpy french face and take the crown!!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Wonder what the Renault forums would think when a VW Polo driver starts a thread there asking what Renault drivers think of the "Drive" Car of the Year? Oh, by the way it's a Polo........

The Polo also won the Carsguide car of the year award for 2010. :clap:

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
I don't like it,

Same thing as the Clio 200, lots of 'missing' bits like DSG o semiauto gear box, boring interior, SATNAV system,

Overall against the GTI or the R is not worth value X money,