GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dreams of an R32

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Not 100% sure about the tin can rattle on the R32 as I own a GTI but I can tell you my Dual Mass Flywheel was replaced after I heard a similar sound coming from my DSG transmission. It basically sounded like marbles rolling around in a tin can every few seconds.

If you are able to get the car up on a lift somehow it would be the easiest to diagnose that way. You can clearly hear the sound coming from the transmission if it is the flywheel on its way out.

Same here on my 06 GTI. I'm on my second DMF and it's currently rattling like crazy, so I see a third in my future.

Not sure if the DMF on the R32 has been having the same problem as the GTI. What exactly the issue is, I don't know. I had mine replaced under CPO the first time.

I could have sworn I read a thread on here about a new revision DMF (maybe rev. N?), but whenever I try to find it again, I can't.

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
@ muahaahaa, appreciate that link i think I'm gonna give another day or two and call back the dealer and see if they want to work on the price and take it for another spin to test more things. Hopefully I can post some pics of my new child!!

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Just like u said about the videos regarding R32 noises, this thing makes some weird ones. It does should do a vacuum hissing noise after it warms up a bit.

To the guys hating. You can have all the power in the world in a GTI but it will never handle like an R32.

aleksr32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW R32
If anyone's opinion of something includes the phrase "hella ghey" it is instantly invalidated. If anything the R32 has a nicer interior, but they are so similar you can't really use that as an advantage of one over the other.

hahahhahahaahahhahaah you killed him hahahahhaha i can't stop laughing. Such class you have by answering like that bro. Clearly R32 owner ;)

Just like u said about the videos regarding R32 noises, this thing makes some weird ones. It does should do a vacuum hissing noise after it warms up a bit.

To the guys hating. You can have all the power in the world in a GTI but it will never handle like an R32.

amen...

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI