GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Double Apex DSG Shift+ [Group buy Feeler]

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
First of all , Im in no way affiliated with the company, i just stumbled upon the product while searching on ebay and i though id share my find

I Have already went ahead and got the OK from chris @ double apex to post this feeler , maybe at some point he will chim in.

Note the these are for a limited run , chris expressed that he can extend the current introductory price $139.95 a set for a group buy of 10 + , so if anyone interested list down your Username

the Product Description [Taken from their Site]

• Anodized, CNC machined, hand finished aluminum
  • Full replacement paddles, no double sided tape required
  • Excellent ergonomics for high performance driving
  • Designed and made in the USA
  • Easy installation, specialty tools included

The DSG transmission uses the same technology found in some of the world's premier Supercars; Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari among others. Unfortunately the stock shift paddles, the critical connection between driver and machine, don't live up to this standard. Our paddles fix this.

The Design:

We had one goal when we set out to improve the stock shift paddles; superior function and form with no compromises.

The stock buttons are too small and difficult to reach if your hands are anywhere but 9 and 3 o'clock on the wheel. With our paddles we've extended this range so they're always in reach regardless of your driving style. The Double Apex Shift Paddles are a full replacement, meaning they use the factory mounting points to ensure a rigid and reliable connection. Some other "extensions" simply stick to the stock paddles using double sided tape which is understandably flimsy and prone to failure.

Our two piece design allows low profile geometry that would not be feasible using a single machined part. This ensures the paddles do not interfere with your hands when they're on the wheel or when using the wiper or turn signal control stalks. The paddles are machined from 6061 alloy aluminum, hand buffed and polished, anodized, coated with a UV protective layer to prevent any color fade, and laser etched.

The hinge assembly was meticulously designed for a precision fit and its contoured geometry hugs the steering wheel to protect the electronic paddle internals and gives a factory equipped appearance. Stainless steel hardware is used to connect the components.

Installation:

Installation should take a professional no more than 30 minutes and detailed instructions make the kit easy to install at home. In addition to the tools included with the kit only a mirror, a common screw driver and wrench are needed. A mirror can be purchased from us separately if needed.

The install is easily reversible if you decide to re-install the stock paddles at any time.

Install Guide PDF

Install Guide Video

Install Video

Pitures

Cad Renderings

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
Very cool, but $139 is a little steep for something I only use occassionally. I'll stay with my stick on's for now. :thumbsup:

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Very cool, but $139 is a little steep for something I only use occassionally. I'll stay with my stick on's for now. :thumbsup:

I'm in manual mode 99% of the time ? , so this will be a good upgrade for tiny stock shifters . Keeping in mind that original maniacs shifters cost almost the same and they are made out of plastic and used with a double sided tape (not bashing the product at all)

Anyways for people who are interested in this , Chris was kind to send a set for review . So expect one soon ..

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
Car(s)
04 M3 E46
I'm in manual mode 99% of the time ? , so this will be a good upgrade for tiny stock shifters . Keeping in mind that original maniacs shifters cost almost the same and they are made out of plastic and used with a double sided tape (not bashing the product at all)

Anyways for people who are interested in this , Chris was kind to send a set for review . So expect one soon ..

Cool, Looking forward to it.

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Do they light up by chance?

BlkMaGiC 3526

Ready to race!
I may be interested

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
The product looks cool. Nice find. I would definitely look at getting a pair.

Just curious about the "group price" being set at $139.95 for 10+. It is the same as each of us going to the site to order. Shouldn't the price be a little lower than the $139.95 for a group? :iono:

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
The product looks cool. Nice find. I would definitely look at getting a pair.

Just curious about the "group price" being set at $139.95 for 10+. It is the same as each of us going to the site to order. Shouldn't the price be a little lower than the $139.95 for a group? :iono:

$139.95 i mentioned is the introductory price that is for a limited run. they retail for 159.95 , If I'm not mistaking the introductory price was set for the first 15 sets (don't know how many sets left ) , so after talking with Chris , he said he will extend the introductory price if he gets 10+ group buyers ...

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
$139.95 i mentioned is the introductory price that is for a limited run. they retail for 159.95 , If I'm not mistaking the introductory price was set for the first 15 sets (don't know how many sets left ) , so after talking with Chris , he said he will extend the introductory price if he gets 10+ group buyers ...

Ok. Got it. Let us know what you think. They look pretty solid.