GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Review] Double Apex DSG+ Paddle Shifter

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
i Stumbled Upon these Newly Released DSG Shifters , I contacted the Company asking a couple of Questions. they were Kind Enough to send me a Set for a Review, so i Jumped on it knowing that my be an alternative to the "Long" Awaited S2T Illuminated Paddles.

The Packaged Arrived to Day, So i went With the install ,,, and here is my Review
Please Ignore the dust specks. maid was Cleaning the House :D

Packaging :

Was Really Impressed with the Presentation of the Box , Simple and professionally Packed .

Package Content

(1) Left and right shift paddle
(1) Small pick tool
(1) Hex key
(1) T20 Torx key
(1) Loctite capsule

Product

They are Light . made out of 6061 alloy aluminum, according to the Products Page they are "Anodized, CNC machined, hand finished aluminum"

Front Facing finish is Matte , and the back is High Gloss Black with Double apex Name and Logo Laser Etched to it .

Installation

This Was my First time Tackling a DIY Install, took almost 5 Min to Remove the Airbag without the Help of Mirror :p

The Installation Manual is Really Down to the Details , Step By Step With Pictures , But I took My Time going through every one of them making sure not to Break anything .

The Hardest Part was Taking the Retaining Pin from the OEM Shifter , took me 20 min to Disassemble and Install Both Sided

The Installation to the Steering Wheel was Straight Forward , 10 Min for Both sides

Thoughts

The Shifters are Really Solid , professionally made, they are Easily Reachable if you are driving 9-3 and 10-2 Positions , and if you fancy they are within reach if you are driving 4-7 (8-5) . its even easier to shift while Turning the wheel .

Unlike other Option on the Market , When Installed they Have a 50/50 Fitment , meaning the extend upwards equally to the Bottom

The Feedback When shifting Has a really OEM feel to it, and the "Click" Sound is More Pronounced when Shifting.

Overall a very nice Piece. a perfect alternative to Maniacs "Plastic/stick On" Shifter which is the Same Price as these.

It Would have been Cool if they were Offered Polished Silver or Clear Sliver Just to give the Buyer more Options to Choose from

Last edited: